another flipping error!!!!!!

• 21 January 2017
  • 2 replies

"Unable to connect to Macbook Pro music"? why am I getting this error message half through when a track is playing through my iPhone?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Just wanting to clarify:

When you say "a track is playing through my iPhone" ... do you mean you are using the controller on your iPhone to control the system, or is the music source *actually* your phone?

If you have told the Sonos system you have a library that is sitting on your Macbook Pro... and you use the iPhone controller - or any controller on any device at all - to tell it to play music that is in that library... the Sonos devices are independent wireless devices that will go to the source to retrieve the music and play it... I'm suspecting they are going to the Macbook Pro library you have added for the audio files and not actually getting it from your phone...
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
oh... and then to finish... the MBP is likely going to sleep as a power conservation mechanism...