Android with 13.3: Multiple volume sliders gone

• 23 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hey,

since the v13.3 update, the multiple volume sliders are gone from the Android app when multiple devices are grouped.

Setup: Phone → [Bluetooth] → Roam → grouped with other speakers.

Before 13.3, each speaker within the group would have its own volume slider, and they could be controlled independently. With 13.3, I don’t even get the in-app volume control, but rather the phone’s default bluetooth volume control.

When playing straight on Sonos (without BT/Roam as the source), it’s the same problem: no multiple sliders are shown when using the main slider.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @flasunco 

Thanks for your post!

I was unable to reproduce this on my own Android device, even when playing Bluetooth to Roam and grouping other rooms in - I still get a volume slider for each room.

If a reboot of your phone doesn’t help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

So I thought yesterday that the problem was gone, as I had all expected volume sliders again. But then a little while later, they were gone again.

Two things I noticed:

1. If I force-close the app and open it again, all sliders appear as expected. See https://streamable.com/s51x0l
  2. The bug seems to appear the moment I group some speakers.

So, this is definitely app-related, not a phone-based bug. I’ll contact the tech support, but I do wonder if I’m really the only one with that problem.