Android Sonos S2 volume control issues

• 23 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi all, I updated a while ago for S2 app for Android and since then I have following issue: Volume bar is too sensitive in a way that when I have all devices set for 0 (minimum) the next step (one tap for the the control) to increase the volume is already too loud. This makes controlling the volume really problematic as not able to listen Sonos with low volume at all! I tried to change the from each device the volume setting down to 30% etc. but it doesnt solve the issue.

Please see attached pic which gives first sounds after off setting, where sound (rooms 30%, playbar 60% sound volume). If I go one step down, no sound at all and higher, already “loud”. Previous S1 controller would give identical sound bars much more to the right giving more space to set the volume either direction.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @User69,

Welcome to the Sonos community. Thanks for reaching out to us about your concern and letting us know what you have done so far.

Let me ask a few questions to help you out with this.

• Have you tried to force restart your Android device?
  • Have you tried using other mobile devices to check if you will experience the same when adjusting the volume?
  • Did you try to ungroup and group your Sonos speakers?
  • When your speakers are not in the group, is the volume behavior the same?

Please start music playback with your Sonos speakers and wait 3 minutes before you submit a diagnostic for us to check.  Just include the confirmation number in your response. 

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know. We’ll wait for your reply.