Answered

Android S1 app crashing on a variety of search tabs.

• 25 September 2020
  • 54 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

Several of the search tabs in the S1 android app are causing the app to crash for me. In particular, Podcasts and Shows, Genres, Stations and perhaps a few others. Unaffected are Artists, Songs, and Albums. I can switch to the tab successfully, but when I start typing, the app unceremoniously closes. I’m on a Galaxy S9+. Anyone else experiencing this?

I tried clearing the cash as well as reinstalling the app to no avail.

Thanks,

Stuart

icon

Best answer by Earquake 15 October 2020, 18:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

54 replies

I’m actually quite shocked and saddened to read this thread.  Like the rest of you, I discovered I was unable to use basic app features like searching within the Genre tab.  What has really shocked me is that Sonos have allowed this bug to remain for over two months.  It’s the way it’s done though, that is really frustrating; silence….. zero communication.  

Will they fix it?  Are they even investigating?  Who knows.  I’m afraid to say this is a totally unacceptable situation.  Support / community / discussion - it’s all about the communication of information  - which is sadly lacking.  Shameful.   

Userlevel 3
Badge

Seems to be fixed in an update I received today. Thanks, I think.

Seems to be fixed in an update I received today. Thanks, I think.

Yes, I downloaded the update and all is well again. Thanks Sonos

Userlevel 1
Badge

Latest : Android updated itself on the tablet, and the search in Sonos controller now works as expected - no crash… It would seem I was too quick to think the fault was with the controller…

//Derek