Answered

Android App Will not connect to SonosNet after update

• 12 April 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge
Updated the App on my PC and it upgraded all my Sonos products on the network. I have two Play 1's, a Connect:AMP and a Bridge. Everything works perfect from my PC but the app on my cell phone will not connect anymore. It worked before i did the update and now it will not. It keeps wanting to connect to my WiFi only and I can't tell it to connect to a Bridge as it is not offered anymore in the settings. If tried everything I can think of to make it work.

I uninstalled the app on my cell and reinstalled. Tried to connect both ways as per the app to add a new system and also to connect to an existing system. I even disconnected all my Sonos products and connected only one item to see if i can make it connect. Tried the Bridge and a Play 1 connected to my wired network. no change. Put everything back and again it works perfect via my PC but not my cell. Any Ideas or does Sonos need to fix their smartphone app? I've tried calling Sonos but i was on hold for almost 10 min so i hung up. Ridiculous.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 12 April 2018, 22:30

Hey there, RoosterMan. Thanks for posting. From what you described, it sounds like there may be some confusion about re-connecting your Android device to your already functioning Sonos system. When a mobile device is not able to connect to Sonos but other controllers are, we would want to focus our efforts on the link between the phone and the network. This means potentially rebooting the router and ensuring that you are connected to the proper WiFi network and not a wireless extender that may be broadcasting a separate "-EXT" network.

This FAQ on what to do when your Sonos system cannot be found could prove helpful.

If you continue to have problems, I'd urge you to give our technicians a call. They are able to work with you in real time to get this sorted.

Thanks for your patience!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
In advance setting on android controller there is not ability to select direct connection token to access sonosnet. Sorry I don’t have android phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, RoosterMan. Thanks for posting. From what you described, it sounds like there may be some confusion about re-connecting your Android device to your already functioning Sonos system. When a mobile device is not able to connect to Sonos but other controllers are, we would want to focus our efforts on the link between the phone and the network. This means potentially rebooting the router and ensuring that you are connected to the proper WiFi network and not a wireless extender that may be broadcasting a separate "-EXT" network.

This FAQ on what to do when your Sonos system cannot be found could prove helpful.

If you continue to have problems, I'd urge you to give our technicians a call. They are able to work with you in real time to get this sorted.

Thanks for your patience!