Question

An error occurred while adding tracks to the queue (1002)

The message: "An error occurred while adding tracks to the queue (1002)" has suddenly started appearing over the last few days. It means I can't play any music from my computer. Anyone any ideas?

12 replies

Tras descargar la nueva versión de Sonos, no consigo la reautorización de Spotify porque no existe Spotify-v4, y al introducir el código que falcilita Sonos, da un error, llevo así toda la mañana !!!!,
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
garry248 wrote:

The message: "An error occurred while adding tracks to the queue (1002)" has suddenly started appearing over the last few days. It means I can't play any music from my computer. Anyone any ideas?

Lots of ideas, Gary. So many ideas!

Why don't you humour us and tell us a little about your system? What Sonos components do you have, how are they connected? What service were you listening to when you received the error? Were you listening to your own music and if so where is it stored?

Do you like Pink Floyd? If no then you need a slap!
Stuart_W wrote:

garry248 wrote:

Why don't you humour us and tell us a little about your system? What Sonos components do you have, how are they connected? What service were you listening to when you received the error? Were you listening to your own music and if so where is it stored?

Hi Stuart. I'm running a system with 3 Play 1s and a Connect. System has been running fine for months. I'm trying to play music from the hard drive on my Surface Pro 3. It has previously played fine and is set up as the default music library on the system.

And I love Pink Floyd...
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Well if nothing has changed you've probably got an IP conflict so the first thing to do is switch of your router and ALL devices attached to it - ALL devices, Sonos things, phones, NAS! Computers.

Then restart the router, wait for it to full connect, then switch on your Connect, wait for it to warm up the. Switch on you Play 1s and then after a few mins switch everything else back on.

Hopefully that will sort it out
Here is a list of error types.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
garry248 wrote:

Stuart_W wrote:

garry248 wrote:

Hi Stuart. I'm running a system with 3 Play 1s and a Connect. System has been running fine for months. I'm trying to play music from the hard drive on my Surface Pro 3. It has previously played fine and is set up as the default music library on the system.

And I love Pink Floyd...

Hi Garry, please see this article and scroll down to 'Error 1002.' If the advice there was not helpful, kindly recreate the error and send a diagnostic, then reply here with your confirmation number so we can take a look, thanks.
Thanks everyone for your help.

Mohammed I still have the error. Diagnostic confirmation is 5170251.

I don't think it is the firewall unless something has changed when it updates. I am running Bullguard.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
garry248 wrote:

I don't think it is the firewall unless something has changed when it updates. I am running Bullguard.

The report still shows that the connection timed out, did you find Sonos in the list of allowed applications in Bullguard's settings? If present, try removing the exception then allow it again. If missing, please create an exception for Sonos. Let me know how it went, thanks.
Mohammed H wrote:

garry248 wrote:

The report still shows that the connection timed out, did you find Sonos in the list of allowed applications in Bullguard's settings? If present, try removing the exception then allow it again. If missing, please create an exception for Sonos. Let me know how it went, thanks.

Sonos is in the allowed rules. I have tried blocking and re-enabling but I am still unable to play from the media library.

I can control the Sonos fine from the desktop app if I am wanting to play the radio or stream music from Amazon. There seems to be a problem with the desktop app accessing the media library on the computer, so I am assuming it is something to do with permission settings.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
garry248 wrote:

Mohammed H wrote:

garry248 wrote:

Sonos is in the allowed rules. I have tried blocking and re-enabling but I am still unable to play from the media library.

I can control the Sonos fine from the desktop app if I am wanting to play the radio or stream music from Amazon. There seems to be a problem with the desktop app accessing the media library on the computer, so I am assuming it is something to do with permission settings.

For test purposes, can you try disabling Bullguard? Also check that you don't have Windows Firewall running alongside of it. If you've set your network as a public network in your Windows settings, do make sure that Sonos is allowed under 'public' as well.
Mohammed H wrote:

garry248 wrote:

Mohammed H wrote:

garry248 wrote:

For test purposes, can you try disabling Bullguard? Also check that you don't have Windows Firewall running alongside of it. If you've set your network as a public network in your Windows settings, do make sure that Sonos is allowed under 'public' as well.

Hi Mohammed. I've got it working! It wasn't Bullguard (or Windows Firewall) but it was the "public network" in the network and sharing settings. I've now changed that to a shareable home group and re-indexed the media library in the app (whichit required for some reason). All seems to be working now. Thank you for your help.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
garry248 wrote:

Mohammed H wrote:

garry248 wrote:

Mohammed H wrote:

garry248 wrote:

Hi Mohammed. I've got it working! It wasn't Bullguard (or Windows Firewall) but it was the "public network" in the network and sharing settings. I've now changed that to a shareable home group and re-indexed the media library in the app (whichit required for some reason). All seems to be working now. Thank you for your help.

Glad you got it working Garry, thanks for getting back and enjoy your music.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings