Answered

An error occurred while adding tracks to the queue (1002)

• 11 January 2014
  • 79 replies

I keep getting this error all the time and nothing has changed in my system. Why is this happening?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 6 March 2018, 20:59

Hello everyone. Thanks for posting about this. The team is actively working on an issue where adding >500 tracks to the queue will cause a 1002 error when adding tracks to the queue. While the team works on this, the only workaround is to use smaller playlists or selections to add to the queue.

If the 1002 error appears without adding items to the queue, it is likely due to something regarding connectivity and interference. Please create a new topic and submit a diagnostic report. Any of the Sonos Staff, myself included, will be happy to take a closer look and advise on next steps.

Once we get more information about this, I will update this topic. Thanks for your patience.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

79 replies

I have the error 1002 all of the time! It has been going on for over a year now. Support doesn't help at all. This is a known issue and I never had this problem before until over a year ago. My settings are all correct. My internet is not the problem either. Now my library is useless about 95% of the time! This is so aggravating! Useless piece of crap! I will never recommend Sonos, ever! I wish that I could get my money back, seriously!
Userlevel 1
Badge
The team is actively working on an issue ...

"The team" is grossly incompetent. It has always been the case, and always will be the case, that trying to add a large number of songs to the queue will encounter at least one error. Rather than adding the songs that are successfully found, Sonos cancels the entire operation if there is any error. How stupid do you have to be not to realize that this is the wrong approach to error handling?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, foofyfoof246 & grove57sunny. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. In this case, the error is pointing to a problem where Sonos is unable to see or access your music library. In most cases where users describe problems like this, I recommend giving our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time. They are able to set up a remote session and get a closer look at the folder and network permissions. Thanks!
Have previously had music library set up but Sonos suddenly stopped accessing it when trying to play music despite playing online Spotify music perfectly.
Deleted "my music" file and tried to re add to sonos but constantly getting 1002 error.
Disabled firewall and antivirus and tried everything else i can find on this thread and others

Please help

Diagnostic report 412978336
Hi, I'm having issues with error (1002), and the player on my mac stating that it cannot connect to my music files. I disconnected and reconnected to my wi-fi, uninstalled and re-installed the app, restarted my computer, and repeatedly tried to connect the player to the correct folder in my computer. Can someone help? My diagnostic number is 2023261288.
I have also been getting this same error message. I am using Spotify and trying to add spotify playlists to the queue to play on a Play 3 and Play 1.

I just moved houses and set up my Sonos under a new wireless network - I have followed all instructions by sonos including resetting my desktop controller and deleting and re-subscribing to my spotify on the controller itself. It is also worth noting that my desktop is hardwired to my wireless router using an ethernet cable.

Only seems to be issues on my desktop as I have not received the error message on my iphone controller. Submitted dignostics: 1414119866
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello everyone. Thanks for posting about this. The team is actively working on an issue where adding >500 tracks to the queue will cause a 1002 error when adding tracks to the queue. While the team works on this, the only workaround is to use smaller playlists or selections to add to the queue.

If the 1002 error appears without adding items to the queue, it is likely due to something regarding connectivity and interference. Please create a new topic and submit a diagnostic report. Any of the Sonos Staff, myself included, will be happy to take a closer look and advise on next steps.

Once we get more information about this, I will update this topic. Thanks for your patience.
[quote=rachanddavew]Hi there. Please can you help? As many above i am receiving the error code 1002

Regarding the error code 1002, Sonos sucks! People have been asking about this for years now and you still get the runaround. Just fix the damn thing and put it in an update. It’s your responsibility as a company to make sure your products work not ours as the consumer.
Hi there. Please can you help? As many above i am receiving the error code 1002 too. Coupled with the occasional 'Unable to connect to Sonos Player'. Seems to be very sporadic. Diagnostic number is 762610568. Thanks for your help!
I am getting the SAME error after the latest update. It is coming from Sonos end.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, SAJ270976. While submitting a diagnostic report is helpful, we need to be made aware of the report by you giving us the confirmation number at the end. Did you happen to record the seven-digit confirmation number it gives at the end? If not, please replicate the problem and submit another diagnostic report. Be sure to reply with the confirmation number it gives at the end.

Additionally, how many tracks are you adding to the queue when this problem occurs?

Thanks!
I keep getting the same error message as with everyone here. Ive sent the diagmostic in but got no response. What is the solution Sonos, as if you cant fix it id rather know so i can buy something else?
Im also having the issue whereby Im trying to shuffle songs from My Music on Apple music. I get the 1002 error - disagnostic number 8433873
Badge
I’m getting the same error on my iPhone X when I want to play my songs from Apple Music via Sonos app. Diagnostic number is 8420494
I'm having this issue as well, but only if I want to shuffle a playlist that has thousands of songs. But every time I hit shuffle all from my desktop, I get the error 1002. I submitted a diagnostic, #8404200
Having same issue. 8359454 is my diagnostic number. Sonos, please fix these issues that starts coming to your system!!!

I have the same problem. It is a play 1 which was previously paired to a sound bar as left speaker. When the speaker was reassigned to a new room the issue started. It apparently is assigned but can not actually play
Having same issue. 8359454 is my diagnostic number. Sonos, please fix these issues that starts coming to your system!!!
Same problem - Neighbor had a tree taken down which pulled down a cable line. Once the line was reinstalled and our internet back up I am suddenly unable to access the music library on my PC as well as on my Network Server. They show up in Sonos but when I try to play any music I get the dreaded 1002 error. My diagnostic number is 8347661
Having same issue. 8331433 is my diagnostic number
1002 error. my sonos wont access my music library. no firewall. updated all music streaming / sharing setting. diagnostic - 8265166. PLEASE HELP!!!
Hi there,

I'm on Mac and have the same issue. I've been using SONOS fine and all of a sudden when i try and play music from my music library it says unable to play with error 1002. I've tried removing and reading the music folder and now it won't even add. It says unable to add the shared folder and has error 1002.

So annoying please can someone help...
I have been receiving the same error for quite some time. Submitted diagnostic, thanks for any assistance. Confirmation number is 8173256.
I am getting this error while trying to add music from a folder on my PC, even when only attempting to add 1 album; submitted the diagnostic. Confirmation number is: 8134268.
I submitted diagnostics... Confirmation number: 7970217
Hi

I keep getting this issue... Bought the system on Saturday... Loved it for 2 days and then suddenly it stopped working. Get 1002... Or it can't connect...