Answered

An error occurred while adding tracks to the queue (1002)

• 11 January 2014
  • 79 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

79 replies

Have previously had music library set up but Sonos suddenly stopped accessing it when trying to play music despite playing online Spotify music perfectly.
Deleted "my music" file and tried to re add to sonos but constantly getting 1002 error.
Disabled firewall and antivirus and tried everything else i can find on this thread and others

Please help

Diagnostic report 412978336
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, foofyfoof246 & grove57sunny. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. In this case, the error is pointing to a problem where Sonos is unable to see or access your music library. In most cases where users describe problems like this, I recommend giving our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time. They are able to set up a remote session and get a closer look at the folder and network permissions. Thanks!
Userlevel 1
Badge
The team is actively working on an issue ...

"The team" is grossly incompetent. It has always been the case, and always will be the case, that trying to add a large number of songs to the queue will encounter at least one error. Rather than adding the songs that are successfully found, Sonos cancels the entire operation if there is any error. How stupid do you have to be not to realize that this is the wrong approach to error handling?
I have the error 1002 all of the time! It has been going on for over a year now. Support doesn't help at all. This is a known issue and I never had this problem before until over a year ago. My settings are all correct. My internet is not the problem either. Now my library is useless about 95% of the time! This is so aggravating! Useless piece of crap! I will never recommend Sonos, ever! I wish that I could get my money back, seriously!