Answered

An error occurred while adding tracks to the queue (1002)

• 11 January 2014
  • 79 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

79 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi gg89_, welcome to the community. We've seen some other people with similar issues over the past few days. You can join in the conversation here. Try the steps outlined in that post to remove the service, toggle the iCloud setting, and add Apple Music back in. This has helped for some people, but not everyone. If you continue to get the problem, reply there with a new diagnostic number.
Hi gg89_, welcome to the community. We've seen some other people with similar issues over the past few days. You can join in the conversation here. Try the steps outlined in that post to remove the service, toggle the iCloud setting, and add Apple Music back in. This has helped for some people, but not everyone. If you continue to get the problem, reply there with a new diagnostic number.

reluctantly did this as it resulted in me losing ALL my downloaded music and I am still having the same issue.

Your confirmation number is: 6632513.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
If that did not work, I think we need to make a support ticket for you. I've made one under the email address you registered your community account under. The incident reference number is 161012-000791. Give us a call on our support number and we can take a closer look at the issue with you. The number for your region can be found at www.sonos.com/contact.
Having this issue since this morning trying to queue Spotify playlist from iPhone app so none of the firewall issues apply. Works fine from tracks stored on phone.
I get the same. I've tried every piece of advice for resolving but no success. Diagnostic number 6766053. Frustrated
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Having this issue since this morning trying to queue Spotify playlist from iPhone app so none of the firewall issues apply. Works fine from tracks stored on phone.

TBW-NYKS, please submit a diagnostic of your system and respond with the number. This way we can provide detailed advice. Thank you.

I get the same. I've tried every piece of advice for resolving but no success. Diagnostic number 6766053. Frustrated

Hello, Jennerp01. Welcome to the community. The diagnostic came up blank, suggesting a network communication issue that spans further than Sonos. Please turn off every WiFi enabled device in the household. Keep them off. Turn off the router for 10 seconds. Then switch on Sonos, followed by 1 controller. Send a diagnostic again and respond with the number. Having done this, feel free to turn your other devices back on. Let us know how this goes. Thanks.
Hi, there was an update on iPhone that updated the system about a week ago and been OK since. Thanks
Having same issues- really frustrating- error 1002- works one day , not the next- drops out constantly and has to restart- seems to stream ok from Spotify just not from my music- which is really frustrating when you want to play your own music- which is most of the time. Really annoying during parties etc as i seem to spend hours re booting the Sonos! Seems lots of others are having the same problem. Seems very complicated and time consuming to keep fixing. Frustrating when you have spent so much money on a system!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Having same issues- really frustrating- error 1002- works one day , not the next- drops out constantly and has to restart- seems to stream ok from Spotify just not from my music- which is really frustrating when you want to play your own music- which is most of the time. Really annoying during parties etc as i seem to spend hours re booting the Sonos! Seems lots of others are having the same problem. Seems very complicated and time consuming to keep fixing. Frustrating when you have spent so much money on a system!

That error is caused by network congestion or wireless interference. Please send in a diagnostic report and reply with the number, I'll take a look for you.
Same issue and have another thread here: https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/windows-10-error-1002-unable-to-add-music-to-library-6761863/index1.html#post16066886

I have submitted a diagnostic (6813336), can staff look into it?

Thanks
I have the same issue, how was this resolved?

If you are using a firewall, try to find and disable it for Sonos.

If you are using an Antivirus program, disable it and test if it works, if not then its a problem with your network, search Homegroup in Control Panel, find the setting: Change Homegroup settings then the setting: Change advanced sharing settings. Go to All Networks tab, under Media Streaming, choose media streaming options, under show devices, change it to All Networks. Check if anything is not allowed, if so, allow it.

Finally, both of the above does not work if you use strict firewall antivirus programs such as Kaspersky, which I use. For this (I'm using the 2015 version), go to Settings - Protection - Firewall - Configure Packet Rules. If Local Services (TCP) is blocked, edit it and change it to allow and apply it. Check if sonos now works. If not, change all the blocked rules into allow, and use logic to find out which of these rules are preventing you from playing it. If all of these don't work, just disable the firewall option entirely.

Thank you, allowed the Local Services (TCP) - worked straight away. Why do Sonos not point this out?
I had the same error today, just two weeks after buying them. So I decided to reconfigure everything again and I could listen to online music.

Then I knew that the problem happened just after a blackout, so I proceeded to turn-off and turn-on the entire house and I got the message once again “An error occurred while adding tracks to the queue (1002)”. But this time I realized that every time a power failure occurs, the sonos powered-on just before the router and that’s why the sonos had no connection to the WiFi.

So I just disconnected the sonos from the power source, connected them back and the error disappeared and now I can add tracks to the queue and listen to online music. 😳
If your router is slow to start after power on, you would do well to reserve IP addresses to the Sonos devices in the router setup. Assigning a reserved IP to the MAC address of each Sonos will assure they always get the same IP after a router reboot.
It doesn't matter if the router's slow to boot. Sonos units in WiFi mode (Standard Setup) will attach when they can, and are in fast DHCP poll mode for the first 2 minutes after boot. Even when in normal DHCP poll mode it wouldn't take that long to switch from Auto-IP to a legit local IP.
I have the same issue, how was this resolved?

If you are using a firewall, try to find and disable it for Sonos.

If you are using an Antivirus program, disable it and test if it works, if not then its a problem with your network, search Homegroup in Control Panel, find the setting: Change Homegroup settings then the setting: Change advanced sharing settings. Go to All Networks tab, under Media Streaming, choose media streaming options, under show devices, change it to All Networks. Check if anything is not allowed, if so, allow it.

Finally, both of the above does not work if you use strict firewall antivirus programs such as Kaspersky, which I use. For this (I'm using the 2015 version), go to Settings - Protection - Firewall - Configure Packet Rules. If Local Services (TCP) is blocked, edit it and change it to allow and apply it. Check if sonos now works. If not, change all the blocked rules into allow, and use logic to find out which of these rules are preventing you from playing it. If all of these don't work, just disable the firewall option entirely.
Thank you so much. I finally got my sonos system to work!
I'm getting the same error message and tried resetting following other steps described herein without success. Any chance you could look into diagnostic number 7025374? Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I'm getting the same error message and tried resetting following other steps described herein without success. Any chance you could look into diagnostic number 7025374? Thanks.

It would be best to continue troubleshooting with our phone team. Please give us a call and reference ticket number: 170123-001531. You can find our phone number and hours in your region here.
I keep getting the same error message when the ISP's router reboots. Sonos units Do not attach to the WiFi when this occurs, so I have to reset (power-off and power-on) all the Sonos units to continue listening to music. This is extremely disappointing.
An error occurred while adding tracks to the queue (1002). It was working before and suddenly stops.......My problem seems like a firewall issue. When I disabled firewall, I can access music folder and play. when I enable firewall, it gives me 1002 error. I checked firewall rules and "Sonos.exe" application is allowed. All my applications are allowed. My question is what else do I need to permit/allow for sonos?
I am having the same issue as above. Submitted diagnostic 7231973. Pls assist.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
I keep getting the same error message when the ISP's router reboots. Sonos units Do not attach to the WiFi when this occurs, so I have to reset (power-off and power-on) all the Sonos units to continue listening to music. This is extremely disappointing.

Could submit a diagnostic and post the confirmation number here.

An error occurred while adding tracks to the queue (1002). It was working before and suddenly stops.......My problem seems like a firewall issue. When I disabled firewall, I can access music folder and play. when I enable firewall, it gives me 1002 error. I checked firewall rules and "Sonos.exe" application is allowed. All my applications are allowed. My question is what else do I need to permit/allow for sonos?

What type of firewall do you have installed, see if you can find the correct configuration here.

I am having the same issue as above. Submitted diagnostic 7231973. Pls assist.

I've gone through your diagnostic, it appears your network has some multicast flooding issues. This is caused by a third party device that is wired to the network. This device is sending packages to all ports of the router, the BRIDGE is busy sorting the packages which can result in delay or functionality issues. It would be best to give us a call so we can go through your network and advise you more accurate.
Hi, I've been experiencing some issues with my Sonos lately. For the past few days I have been unable to play any songs and Error 1002 keeps appearing. Please let me know if you can help me fix it, thanks.
Network problems. Error 1002 is a timeout message. Try rebooting everything, to clear any addressing issues.

If that doesn't help, submit a diagnostic and post the number so Sonos Support can look at wireless conditions. In the meantime, if you have a wired component try changing the SonosNet channel.
Unable to send diagnostic report, therefore I am unable to try to fix the original problem. Any suggestions? Please help 😞 Rather disappointing and frustrating that suddenly nothing is working, despite the speaker not exactly being cheap...
The cost is not relevant. This is almost certainly an issue outwith the Sonos kit. You most probably have network issues or potentially firewall/access problems with your local library storage.