Answered

An error occurred while adding tracks to the queue (1002)

I keep getting this error all the time and nothing has changed in my system. Why is this happening?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 6 March 2018, 20:59

Hello everyone. Thanks for posting about this. The team is actively working on an issue where adding >500 tracks to the queue will cause a 1002 error when adding tracks to the queue. While the team works on this, the only workaround is to use smaller playlists or selections to add to the queue.

If the 1002 error appears without adding items to the queue, it is likely due to something regarding connectivity and interference. Please create a new topic and submit a diagnostic report. Any of the Sonos Staff, myself included, will be happy to take a closer look and advise on next steps.

Once we get more information about this, I will update this topic. Thanks for your patience.

View original
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

79 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Hello Paul,

Could you please Submit a Diagnostic and send me back the number via this tread? I will have a look at it.

Thanks.

Pierre

Pierre C wrote:

Hello Paul,

Could you please Submit a Diagnostic and send me back the number via this tread? I will have a look at it.

Thanks.

Pierre

Thanks for getting back to me Pierre.  I spoke to someone in your office and we were able to fix the problem.  Thanks again.
Paul
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Pierre C wrote:

Hello Paul,

Thanks.

Pierre

Wonderful! I'm glad that everything is all good now. Enjoy your Sonos system Paul!
I keep getting error 1002 when trying to play tracks. My Sonos was working perfectly yesterday. What is a m4a file?
I have the same issue, how was this resolved?
timmwegner wrote:

If you are using a firewall, try to find and disable it for Sonos.

If you are using an Antivirus program, disable it and test if it works, if not then its a problem with your network, search Homegroup in Control Panel, find the setting: Change Homegroup settings then the setting: Change advanced sharing settings. Go to All Networks tab, under Media Streaming, choose media streaming options, under show devices, change it to All Networks. Check if anything is not allowed, if so, allow it.

Finally, both of the above does not work if you use strict firewall antivirus programs such as Kaspersky, which I use. For this (I'm using the 2015 version), go to Settings - Protection - Firewall - Configure Packet Rules. If Local Services (TCP) is blocked, edit it and change it to allow and apply it. Check if sonos now works. If not, change all the blocked rules into allow, and use logic to find out which of these rules are preventing you from playing it. If all of these don't work, just disable the firewall option entirely.
Hi,

I'm having the same issue but can't follow this troubleshooting instructions as I'm on a a Mac (no antivirus and no firewall).

How can I fix it?
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
blog364 wrote:

Hi,

I'm having the same issue but can't follow this troubleshooting instructions as I'm on a a Mac (no antivirus and no firewall).

How can I fix it?

Hi, is your Mac wirelessly connected to your network? If yes, just for test would it be possible to wire it via Ethernet cable to the router/network and try again?
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
yea me too. this is a royal pain in the arse. everything working great on Friday, nothing changed and then whammo nothing from Sonos all weekend. I spend more time around with settings on this than listening to music. every other streaming service is great with no dramas, but this - issues every week. error 100, error 1002, can't find the system. People sort it out.

rant over

Edit made by Max P. Due to profanity
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
reset, reset, reset. zip. nada.zilch. it continually says your sonos system was not found and even when I rest the it is unable to browse music. even though the music is there!!!! I've reset it so many times. like I said. wasted weekend, got the cd player oput and finally enjoyed some music, this is in the pool and I'm going to Bose.

Edit made by Max P. Due to profanity
Okay glad, (well in a way) that some other people are having troubles too. I have attached via ethernet my Bridge a Playbar in my living room. Also in the living room is my Sub and 2x Play3's as surrounds that use the bridge Wifi. These are all working well and no problems.

About 15ft from my router (latest version Apple AirPort Extreme that sits right next to my Sonos Bridge in the living room) I have a Play3 using Wifi.
I also have a Play5 (1st Gen) on the same floor about 30ft from the Sonos Bridge and my Apple AirPort Extreme.
Upstairs in my bedroom I have 2 Play1's in a stereo pair. Again this is really not that far away from my Sonos Bridge and the AirPort as they are directly above.

Since Friday I have been having so may difficulties with my system. Everything in the living room (the PlayBar, SUB and 2x Play3 surrounds seem to be working fine. However every other Sonos device in the house is constantly going down and dropping connection. I have powered down my FiOS router (this is in the basement and does not have Wifi configured but has an ethernet to my Apple AirPort, it is my DNS) my Airport and every Sonos device in the house. I then went and turned on my FiOS router, then the AirPort. Once these were up I then connected my Sonos Bridge waited for this to connect then did the rest of the Sonos equipment one by one. Only the Living Room gear will maintain a connection.

I have tried over and over to reconnect each of the other devices, sometimes they will connect and show in the Sonos devices but after a short time they disconnect and don't show anymore. Sometimes they will be there and I try and play some music and I get an error 1001 saying it could not add the music and the device vanishes from the list of devices.

I am a pretty tech savvy type of person. I have tried the 3 different channels on my Sonos settings, I have reconfigured my wireless network to use different channels away from the Sonos channels. I have checked the other wireless signals in my area and have made sure they are not interfering with the Sonos channels. So I am at my wits end, and I have submitted a diagnostic report the confirmation number is: 5471418.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
kiwi_1 wrote:

Okay glad, (well in a way) that some other people are having troubles too. I have attached via ethernet my Bridge a Playbar in my living room. Also in the living room is my Sub and 2x Play3's as surrounds that use the bridge Wifi. These are all working well and no problems.

About 15ft from my router (latest version Apple AirPort Extreme that sits right next to my Sonos Bridge in the living room) I have a Play3 using Wifi.
I also have a Play5 (1st Gen) on the same floor about 30ft from the Sonos Bridge and my Apple AirPort Extreme.
Upstairs in my bedroom I have 2 Play1's in a stereo pair. Again this is really not that far away from my Sonos Bridge and the AirPort as they are directly above.

Since Friday I have been having so may difficulties with my system. Everything in the living room (the PlayBar, SUB and 2x Play3 surrounds seem to be working fine. However every other Sonos device in the house is constantly going down and dropping connection. I have powered down my FiOS router (this is in the basement and does not have Wifi configured but has an ethernet to my Apple AirPort, it is my DNS) my Airport and every Sonos device in the house. I then went and turned on my FiOS router, then the AirPort. Once these were up I then connected my Sonos Bridge waited for this to connect then did the rest of the Sonos equipment one by one. Only the Living Room gear will maintain a connection.

I have tried over and over to reconnect each of the other devices, sometimes they will connect and show in the Sonos devices but after a short time they disconnect and don't show anymore. Sometimes they will be there and I try and play some music and I get an error 1001 saying it could not add the music and the device vanishes from the list of devices.

I am a pretty tech savvy type of person. I have tried the 3 different channels on my Sonos settings, I have reconfigured my wireless network to use different channels away from the Sonos channels. I have checked the other wireless signals in my area and have made sure they are not interfering with the Sonos channels. So I am at my wits end, and I have submitted a diagnostic report the confirmation number is: 5471418.

I have reviewed your diagnostic. Do to the issue the best would be to contact us by phone. A Sonos technical worker will be able to remotely connect to your system and check both your Sonos and network.
Let us know how it goes.
axemaneric wrote:

timmwegner wrote:

If you are using a firewall, try to find and disable it for Sonos.

If you are using an Antivirus program, disable it and test if it works, if not then its a problem with your network, search Homegroup in Control Panel, find the setting: Change Homegroup settings then the setting: Change advanced sharing settings. Go to All Networks tab, under Media Streaming, choose media streaming options, under show devices, change it to All Networks. Check if anything is not allowed, if so, allow it.

Finally, both of the above does not work if you use strict firewall antivirus programs such as Kaspersky, which I use. For this (I'm using the 2015 version), go to Settings - Protection - Firewall - Configure Packet Rules. If Local Services (TCP) is blocked, edit it and change it to allow and apply it. Check if sonos now works. If not, change all the blocked rules into allow, and use logic to find out which of these rules are preventing you from playing it. If all of these don't work, just disable the firewall option entirely.

Spot on. I followed the above steps and wow, problem solve. Thanks you
I'm having this issue as well, but only if I want to shuffle my entire music library in Apple Music. I don't have a large collection - around 8,000 songs, but every time I hit shuffle all from my mobile device, I get the error. It works fine from my Mac. I'm iOS10 and have 6.4.1 for iPhone.
Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Can I just clarify one thing with you, when you add all 8000 tracks to the queue, then shuffle, it presents error 1002? Can you also please submit a diagnostic and respond here with the confirmation number? Thank you.
Badge
Hi. I am having exactly the sam problem as Kenailes with roughly the same number tracks to add to shuffle from my Apple Music. I have submitted a diagnostic 6563719. I would be grateful for your help.
Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Sure, no problem. Thanks for the diagnostic, it would appear that there is interference present on your system. Can you try changing your router's channel to 11, or 1? One of these should remedy the fault. Also, please ensure that your devices are 1-2 feet away from anything else electronic or wireless enabled. This could also be causing the interference.
I also having similar issues. Have two speakers
Diagnostic #6566808
Reboots wifi HT mode on and off, changing channels, turning off one and moving the other closer to the wifi AP
Other apps using shares can see the computer fine.
Signal says excellent.
Good through put on file xfers.
can play songs from other computers that connect to a share.
Nothing is as close as 1-2 feet from AP but not further from than 20-50 ft.
Badge
Hi Edward R. I have changed the router from channel 11 to channel 1 and it still doesn't work. Any more advice??
Edward R wrote:

Can I just clarify one thing with you, when you add all 8000 tracks to the queue, then shuffle, it presents error 1002? Can you also please submit a diagnostic and respond here with the confirmation number? Thank you.

Edward, diagnostics ID is 6600993. And yes, you are correct with one clarification. I don't even add all tracks to the queue I just hit shuffle all, and it spins for awhile, and then gives me error 1002. today it is occurring on both my MacBook as well as my iPhone 6s+ running iOS 10 and the latest Sonos software and firmware.
Userlevel 6
Badge +18
FBAdmin wrote:

I also having similar issues. Have two speakers
Diagnostic #6566808
Reboots wifi HT mode on and off, changing channels, turning off one and moving the other closer to the wifi AP
Other apps using shares can see the computer fine.
Signal says excellent.
Good through put on file xfers.
can play songs from other computers that connect to a share.
Nothing is as close as 1-2 feet from AP but not further from than 20-50 ft.

The diagnostics suggested there might be a firewall blocking the sharing from taking place. Also, please ensure that you are on a "Private" and not "Public" network within the network and sharing centre. Can you check this and report back?

jcropp wrote:

Hi Edward R. I have changed the router from channel 11 to channel 1 and it still doesn't work. Any more advice??

Sure, can you please submit a fresh diagnostic so I can best advise? Thank you!

Kenailes wrote:

Edward, diagnostics ID is 6600993. And yes, you are correct with one clarification. I don't even add all tracks to the queue I just hit shuffle all, and it spins for awhile, and then gives me error 1002. today it is occurring on both my MacBook as well as my iPhone 6s+ running iOS 10 and the latest Sonos software and firmware.

Thanks for getting back to me. I think the problem might be being caused by network congestion. You could try changing your router's channel. Not only are we reliant on a solid connection between Sonos and your router but your Mac needs to have a strong, reliable connection to the router as well. Is the Mac cabled or wireless? If it is cabled, you may wish to wire a Sonos component to the router as a test. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
Hi, I'm having problems with the controller on my mac book, it won't let me do anything i keep getting (error 1002) for everything; updating music library, adding tracks to queue, ect. My diagnostic number is: 6627777. I have checked that no firewall is blocking it, but still no luck. Please may I have some help, Thanks!
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Harrybailey1997 wrote:

Hi, I'm having problems with the controller on my mac book, it won't let me do anything i keep getting (error 1002) for everything; updating music library, adding tracks to queue, ect. My diagnostic number is: 6627777. I have checked that no firewall is blocking it, but still no luck. Please may I have some help, Thanks!

Hi there, welcome to the community. The error on the diagnostic we're seeing does usually indicate a firewall is present, so please double check that, just to be sure. We have an article on firewalls here. The other thing I can see is that the BT Hub is not returning the correct IP address of the computer. This can happen when there is a discrepancy with the name your Mac is known by on the network. Have a look at this artice. It's a little dated, as we prefer not to share via SMB these days, but the rest still applies. Follow the instructions about renaming the Mac, and change it to something nice and simple, such as 'HarryMac'.

Restart the Mac and also the BT router, and try to add the share again.
also error 1002. freshly setup play 1 only 2 feet from my airport extreme. windows 10 pc wired connection and latest sonos app on iOS 10.0.2.

followed firewall help page and still no difference.

diagnostic submitted - 6630614
gg89_ wrote:

also error 1002. freshly setup play 1 only 2 feet from my airport extreme. windows 10 pc wired connection and latest sonos app on iOS 10.0.2.

followed firewall help page and still no difference.

diagnostic submitted - 6630614

EDIT:

it seems i can easily play anything i search for on Apple Music just not the contents of my own library. this is a pain when trying to play my playlists.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings