Answered

An error occurred while adding songs to the queue (701)

• 30 November 2017
  • 70 replies

Userlevel 1
I can't play all my songs an error says "An error occurred while adding songs to the queue (701)" How do i fix it?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 3 April 2018, 22:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

70 replies

Userlevel 2
I get an error 1002 when adding songs to the queue, it won't play radio stations at all on Tunein. I was pleased with Sonos and bought another 3 to go with the one I had but lately they are just bloody ornaments, won’t play anything unless you spend an hour disconnecting the system then putting it back onto the Wi-Fi then failing and doing the same again over and over.

All I want to do is for them to do what I bought them for and play music without messing about for ages each time I want to use them. When you eventually get them working they sound good but for the price and all the messing about they are overpriced paperweights as they don't do much else. A waste of in excess of £500, I now make sure I warn everyone off Sonos as it is not worth the effort, it doesn’t seem to be the software a sometimes one phone will get them to make noise but the other won't
Badge
Same issue one hour ago after three days without using the system (two play:1 and one sub).
Playing from nas was ok but from spotify i received the 701 error.
I've all the three devices connected to the home wifi (fritzbox).
I've solved the problem switching off/on the power to the router and to the devices.
I've got the same issue and tested at same time by mobile (android phone) and pc.
The mobile always got the issue with error 701, the pc never. After adding the songs to queue with the pc I could also manage it by mobile, then it should be related to mobile app, maybe a wrong "path" to the file archive/library
Getting the 701 error here also. But I only started having this issue since setting up my new Echo Dot a few days ago, so I'm wondering if that's the cause. I've never had an issue playing songs before that setup. Could there be a compatibility issue with the Dot or is this just a coincidence?
same error 701. Maybe number of playlist exceed 1000 will cause this error?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello everyone. Thanks for reaching out about this. If you are still having problems with this, please submit a diagnostic report and reply with the seven-digit confirmation number it gives at the end. Additionally, please let me know about the size of the queue being added to. Queues that exceed 500 items can, at times, give a 1002 error.

Thanks!
I submitted a report:

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Trashykats. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. It seems the connectivity in your system is strong. What exactly are you experiencing and what do you do to encounter the problem? The more details we have, the better we can assist.
Hi, I own 2 sonos players and had the same issue for couple of days with just one of them. I tried moving the failing player closer to the router and resetting the wireless setup several times with unsuccessful results. After reading KeithN comment above I tried to send the diagnostic report, but I got again an error saying it couldn't be sent at the moment (:S).

Finally what I did was to disconnect the working player, leaving in the sonos system exclusively the one failing, then I tried resetting the wireless setup and this time it worked. Luck ?
Userlevel 2
I submitted a report. Happens sporadically when adding a song to an empty queue. 8466656
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, I own 2 sonos players and had the same issue for couple of days with just one of them. I tried moving the failing player closer to the router and resetting the wireless setup several times with unsuccessful results. After reading KeithN comment above I tried to send the diagnostic report, but I got again an error saying it couldn't be sent at the moment (:S).

Finally what I did was to disconnect the working player, leaving in the sonos system exclusively the one failing, then I tried resetting the wireless setup and this time it worked. Luck ?

Perhaps a stroke of luck, more likely an IP address conflict, though! Can you keep an eye on this and let us know how you're getting on?

I submitted a report. Happens sporadically when adding a song to an empty queue. 8466656

Hi, Larissa. Sounds like it could be "network latency". Essentially, there is so much information moving across the network at that moment, that the intended information can't reach the Sonos component. Does this predominantly happen when other people are on the premises? Are any of your devices near enough the router that we could wire one of them in? This would provide a far more reliable connection and enable you to separate the Sonos traffic from the rest of whatever's passing over your wireless network.
Badge
I was getting the 701 error tonight on any song that wasn't inside a folder. I moved a song into a folder, boom, added right to playlist with no 701 error. Any song I tried to add not in a sub folder (inside a main folder...for instance JAZZ folder, with several sub folders of albums and then some one-off singles)...those one-off singles kept throwing the 701 error. Once I moved them into a subfolder of the main folder (Jazz), the added to the queue and no 701 error. Not sure I've seen this behavior before, but not sure that I've tried adding a single not in a subfolder (album). Hopefully this will help someone, although I don't think this is the intended behavior and is likely a BUG.
I've been getting this with Classical Archives via the Sonos application under Windoze 10 on a laptop. NO obvious problems when swapping quickly to a browser to check speed of pages popping up and interestingly, though it has also happened playing tracks from Spotify, it has happened with Classical Archives (with seemingly any album or track I try to play) but almost immediately swapping to Spotify has not produced the same error. A couple of times I've also had 1002 as the error code and both seem to be about Sonos not feeling it can add what I want to play to the queue. The queue has been completely empty every time. This started a few weeks ago and has been intermittent but thoroughly irritating since. I've submitted a diagnostic report ("Your confirmation number is: 8481189") I continue to be very unimpressed by Sonos robustness. I hope you will fix this latest problem, which I feel sure is a s'ware bug, soon. I'm clearly not the only person getting this.

I only have the 701/1002 issue with one of my Play:1 (Svart Play:1).
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
cpsyctc: Thanks for the diagnostic report. Based on my findings the system as a whole is having a hard time maintaining a steady connection to the wireless network. Is it possible to plug one of these Sonos devices into the router via Ethernet cable?

Tommy_5: The diagnostic report you submitted shows that you have a number of different wireless extenders and Sonos is having a problem getting data along the network. You may find it advantageous to give our support technicians a call. They are able to set up a remote session and get a closer look at the network to see how Sonos can work a bit more reliably. Thanks!
I wonder about that diagnostic report as there are no extenders on the wifi I use for Sonos and this computer: just the one Netgear Blackhawk R7000. Also, I can't see any telephone number I can use to contact your technicians (I'm in the UK).
Here you go: call Sonos.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
cpsyctc: I asked about plugging one of your Sonos devices into your router using an Ethernet cable. After doing so, please submit another diagnostic report and I can advise on next steps. If it would make it easier, you can give our technicians a call and they are happy to troubleshoot with you in real time. Our contact information can be found here: www.sonos.com/contact

Thanks!
It _would_ (perhaps) make it easier if I could call your technicians. Here is what the "Call us" button on the link you give shows me:
"+31888642300
Mon - Fri 10:00 - 18:00 CET

Singapore
800 852 6105
Mon - Fri 10am to 6pm AET

New Zealand
(06) 833 6925
Mon - Fri 10am to 6pm AET

Finland
0800 520290
Mon - Fri: 10:00 - 18:00 CET

UAE
+971 800 03570 3794
Mon - Fri: 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM (GST)"

I don't know where that first line refers to but it would be an overseas call for me so hugely expensive if I'm paying for the whole call.

I _would_ help if answers from sonos clearly differentiated which of us they are replying to. I have now plugged that sonos device into my broadband router but I have three devices (and the plan was to have more ... very definitely on hold), there is no ethernet near either of the other two and sonos were supposed to be wifi devices. I have submitted another diagnostic: 8491382. I look forward to someone giving me a way for me to give you my 'phone number privately and having someone call me and look like sorting it out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, cpsyctc. Depending on your browser settings, you can at times be redirected to the incorrect page. Here's our UK contact page.
Hello everyone. Thanks for reaching out about this. If you are still having problems with this, please submit a diagnostic report and reply with the seven-digit confirmation number it gives at the end. Additionally, please let me know about the size of the queue being added to. Queues that exceed 500 items can, at times, give a 1002 error.

Thanks!

I am getting the 701 error suddenly. My confirmation number is 563109577.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, jdhalv. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Based on the diagnostic report you submitted, it seems that the entire system is having a hard time maintaining a steady connection to the network. Would you mind telling us a little more about your local network? What is the make and model of the router you have? Do you happen to have any access points or wireless extenders?

Thanks for clarifying.
I get the same error when trying to add from amazon music or from tunein. Will not add spotify back as service. Only thing that plays is the TV via the playbar

Submit diagnostics does not work. Currently all devices except boost and single Play:3 connected.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, adamcherrington. Thanks for your post. Can you please reboot your Sonos device(s), then your router, then attempt to submit a diagnostic once again and respond with the confirmation number? Many thanks in advance.
Hi Edward, even after rebooting all devices and only powering on one play:3, I cannot even perform diagnostics. All I am able to do is, With my playbar connected, have the tv play to all speakers.

I get error 1101 when I try and online update.