Answered

Amp. stopped connecting. Orange light.

• 21 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

I have upgraded from a ZP90 to the new Amp. Initial problems it would not connect to the wifi even though it was in the same place as the ZP90.

After many hours trouble shooting with Sonos they told me to hard wire at my expense.

So I hard-wired in, worked great for a few weeks, last Friday it was on all day….Saturday it has disappeared from system. It now will not connect and when I try a new connect it can see the Amp, asks me to press the figure of 8 button then the light goes ‘orange’. Which i read as the light of death.

So as Sonos are ignoring me anyone else got any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Simon B 22 October 2020, 18:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @ash105, thanks for reaching out. Sorry to know about this issue that you have with your Sonos Amp. So that we can check further, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. So I can check the current status of the Sonos Amp if it’s offline on the system. You may also try to

• Unplug the Sonos Amp for 1 minute and replug it back in form the power source.
  • Check if the light will be blinking green or solid white after reboot.

Let me know your thoughts with the advice above.
The Sonos community is always here to help.

Badge +1

I can send you a video of the whole sorry saga

Badge +1

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @ash105, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking the information. It shows that the Sonos Amp is offline. Since you have down all basic and necessary troubleshooting steps and the issue persist, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps and give further options on this issue with your Sonos Amp. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge +1

After another round of trouble-shooting with the Sonos tech bods (56 minutes), they very kindly agreed with me that it was a hardware failure. Now I am aware this is not something that happens very often.

A new amp was sent out, connected to the network by wifi immediately and is still working today. Fingers crossed it continues and will be like all my other Sonos equipment - flawless.

It was a frustrating time consuming issue that was finally resolved. Thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @ash105, thanks for the update. Sorry to hear that it took longer with the phone interaction, but I’m glad everything is working fine in your end. 

If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to assist you.

The Sonos community is always here to help.