Answered

Amp not connection to home Sonos network

• 12 September 2021
  • 2 replies

I have a Sonos boost and an number of Sonos speakers connected to it, everything works fine.  Now bought in-ceiling speakers plus amp.

Not yet fitted and wired the in-ceiling speakers, but while waiting for the installers, decided to fit the amp into my hifi rack and register it with the Sonos Boost/home Sonos network.  

Using the Sonos app, amp is detected and asked to enter the pin code. Once the pin code is entered, asked to press the blue flashing connect button on the amp.  But the amp connect button never flashes.  Regardless, I press and hold the connect button anyway, but nothing happens.  The led on the amp flashes green or orange, so the amp is doing something.  But the Sonos app times out and asks me if I want to try connecting to the amp again,  I’ve now tried connecting to the amp many times, but I never get the connect button flashing blue and the app times out.

Do I have to connect speakers to the amp first, before connecting the amp to the Sonos boost?  If not, any clues why the connection process seems to start to work, but the connect button never flashes blue?

icon

Best answer by buzz 12 September 2021, 15:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Speakers connected or not is irrelevant at this stage. Is AMP wired to the network or wireless? I recommend wired. The “press” at this point is a momentary press. Press and hold for a while will force AMP to Factory Reset, you’ll see the flashes, and be back to square one.

Hi Buzz,

thanks for the advice - presses it momentarily and the connect process worked fine.  No blue light, but took your advice and the problem is resolved.  Thanks.