Answered

Amp not connecting

• 25 August 2019
  • 4 replies

I have 3 Amps and trying to connect a 4th to no avail. The connection process times out and I tried the alternative set up by plugging directly into router. Still nothing
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 25 August 2019, 20:52

You're most welcome. Good to get one of my questions answered.

Are any of them wired to your router with an ethernet cable, or are they all hanging off of your wifi?

Have you tried a simple factory reset of only that one Amp that's not connecting?
View original

4 replies

So, it's hard to tell from the description, but I'm wondering if it's possible that you router isn't able to hand out a new IP address to allow the Amp to finish its set up.

I'd try a reboot of your router, at the least.

How many Sonos devices other than those 3 other Amps do you have? Are these actual Sonos Amps, or are they Sonos CONNECT:AMPs. Are they all wired to your router, or are they connected to the Wifi?
Thanks. They are Sonos Amps (not CONNECT:AMPs). I can see the device on my Xfinity device list but not connecting to Sonos app. I tried the reboot to no avail. Again appreciate the help.
You're most welcome. Good to get one of my questions answered.

Are any of them wired to your router with an ethernet cable, or are they all hanging off of your wifi?

Have you tried a simple factory reset of only that one Amp that's not connecting?
Thanks again. I did a factory reset several times and finally it showed up so all set. All 4 amps are wireless. Very happy with the product so far. Looking to replace our theater speakers with Sonos surround speakers. Thanks again.