Answered

Amazon Unlimited

• 5 September 2019
  • 32 replies

Show first post

32 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
It’s not resolved for me. I tried removing and adding it back, and still seeing the error message in playlists I created.

Hi there,

Please try recreating the playlists. If that doesn't work, please give us a call.
duplicate post.
Badge
That didn’t work either. In Amazon music I dragged all the tracks from the existing playlist into a new playlist and then deleted the old one. The new playlist is still giving me the error message in Sonos. I’ll call.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
I have an Amazon Unlimited accounted connected to the Sonos controller and yet when I try to play certain songs this error message comes up:

"Go Unlimited. Listen to this music and tens of millions more songs with Amazon Music Unlimited. Sign up..."

I then tried playing the same song using the Amazon Music App and it plays just fine. I only fails to play on the Sonos service.

I see this issue is supposedly resolved, but it isn't working for me If I go to My Music in Amazon Music the songs will play but if I try to play from any of my own playlists I receive the message that the songs are not encoded correctly. Obviously this is not so because they will play from the other options, artist, album, track, genre
Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I have an Amazon Unlimited accounted connected to the Sonos controller and yet when I try to play certain songs this error message comes up:

"Go Unlimited. Listen to this music and tens of millions more songs with Amazon Music Unlimited. Sign up..."

I then tried playing the same song using the Amazon Music App and it plays just fine. I only fails to play on the Sonos service.

I see this issue is supposedly resolved, but it isn't working for me If I go to My Music in Amazon Music the songs will play but if I try to play from any of my own playlists I receive the message that the songs are not encoded correctly. Obviously this is not so because they will play from the other options, artist, album, track, genre

Problem replicates on Android device as well. So something is haywire in the controller
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Hi everyone,

This issue should now be resolved. If you continue to see the error, please try removing Amazon Music from your Sonos system, then add it back. Please reach out to our phone team for help if that doesn't do the trick. You can find our number and hours here.

When using Amaxon services I can play song from lits of purchased apps on Apple and an Android Device. However if I go to My Music and play songs in a playlist I receive an error message stating songs are encoded incorrectly. This happens on bot Android and Apple devices. I have removed the service, reinstalled. I have removed Amazon Music, reinstalled and d/l my music purchases. I have created a new play list. Same problem The problem lingers.
I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

And honestly, I’d recommend opening a new thread to do all of this in. I am guessing your issue is separate from the one this thread was about.