Answered

Amazon Unlimited

• 5 September 2019
  • 32 replies

I have an Amazon Unlimited accounted connected to the Sonos controller and yet when I try to play certain songs this error message comes up:

"Go Unlimited. Listen to this music and tens of millions more songs with Amazon Music Unlimited. Sign up..."

I then tried playing the same song using the Amazon Music App and it plays just fine. I only fails to play on the Sonos service.
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 9 September 2019, 16:23

Hi everyone,

This issue should now be resolved. If you continue to see the error, please try removing Amazon Music from your Sonos system, then add it back. Please reach out to our phone team for help if that doesn't do the trick. You can find our number and hours here.
View original

32 replies

Have you tried removing the connection to Amazon in your controller, then re-adding it?
I’m getting the exact same problem. I have had amazon unlimited for last couple of years and never had a problem playing but just went this morning to listen to the new Taylor Swift album (no judging please) and it’s saying that I need amazon unlimited. It will play on phone and iPad ok just not sonos so I will follow with interest
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I’m getting the exact same problem. I have had amazon unlimited for last couple of years and never had a problem playing but just went this morning to listen to the new Taylor Swift album (no judging please) and it’s saying that I need amazon unlimited. It will play on phone and iPad ok just not sonos so I will follow with interest

I have Amazon Unlimited as well, and asked Alexa to play Taylor Swift this morning after seeing this post. Everything worked fine. I can't confirm it finished out the whole song as I became physically ill and had to turn it off. 😁

Seriously, I'd give it another try and see if perhaps the issue got resolved in the cloud or something of that nature. If not, follow Bruce's advice and reconnect Amazon to see if that works.
Hey, I said no judging!😌

just tried it it again and still not playing any songs in the unlimited. It will play prime music songs ok. It’s as if sonos now doesn’t think I’m a unlimited member so keeps telling me to sign up but on every other bit of tech I have, amazon unlimited works fine.
ive tried uninstalling amazon on sonos app but doesn’t make a difference.
I am having a day of tech meltdowns today, first printer won’t connect then can’t connect to yahoo mail then try and play some music and sonos won’t let me!!!
I have an Amazon Unlimited accounted connected to the Sonos controller and yet when I try to play certain songs this error message comes up:

"Go Unlimited. Listen to this music and tens of millions more songs with Amazon Music Unlimited. Sign up..."

I then tried playing the same song using the Amazon Music App and it plays just fine. I only fails to play on the Sonos service.

Did this just happen today? Was it working ok before?
Exact same thing is happening to me this morning but it was working fine on monday
Having the same exact issue. getting that error msg when I try to play taylor swift’s new album (previous albums play fine) from the sonos app. If I ask alexa to play her new album it will play without issue. More annoying than any of you may find her music 🙂
Having the same exact issue. getting that error msg when I try to play taylor swift’s new album (previous albums play fine) from the sonos app. If I ask alexa to play her new album it will play without issue. More annoying than any of you may find her music :)

Did this just start today?

Having the same exact issue. getting that error msg when I try to play taylor swift’s new album (previous albums play fine) from the sonos app. If I ask alexa to play her new album it will play without issue. More annoying than any of you may find her music :)Did this just start today?

Not today...maybe yesterday or the day before?
Visited amazon.com/music_on_sonos as told by the error message. Was promoted to log into my amazon account and after doing so was immediately redirected to a page that basically said okay you’re all set.

Still can’t play lover from the app.

removed amazon music from the app and reader it.

Still can’t play lover from the app.

Turned my phone on and off. Turned the speakers on and off. Sent taylor a DM.

still can’t play lover from the app.
Mmmmmm, very strange. I think I last used my sonos either Sunday or Monday and it was fine. It seems like a bit of a glitch between sonos and amazon music.
are there any sonos staff around to chime in with a possible solution?
Or may just have to leave it a couple of days and see if it sorts it self out
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi folks,

We're looking into an issue causing this message with certain content. I'll post updates to this issue here.
Hi folks,

We're looking into an issue causing this message with certain content. I'll post updates to this issue here.

Thank you
Same issue. Noticed a few days ago. Same failed troubleshooting steps as others. In case it helps, the content affected for me was Jacob Collier’s “Moon River”. Hoping for a quick resolution.
Same issue. Deleted service, re-added service. Still having the same problem. When Sonos player hits a song only accessible with Amazon Unlimited, I get the prompt message with the web link to Amazon to upgrade account. (Double checked on my Amazon account; still active. I can play all songs on Amazon player.) Too many people having this problem to think it's not a system issue.
Please note the "answer" above.
I am having the same issue.
Having the same issue. Any song I try to play that falls under the unlimited banner (I have an unlimited subscription) doesn't play and I get prompted to subscribe to unlimited. If it is a playlist it skips to the next song. Have removed and removed, re-added and reauthorized the service. Still the same.
Same issue for the two of us here. Two different Amazon accounts.
Same here.
Issue seems to be fixed for me! Thanks, Jeff!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks for the update. Hopefully we'll hear back from some more folks soon.
Seems to be fixed for me as well. I can now listen to all the Taylor Swift I want! Thanks Sonos
Badge
I’m getting the “Unexpected error” message when I try to play my created Amazon Music playlists in the Sonos app. Other playlists show up fine.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi everyone,

This issue should now be resolved. If you continue to see the error, please try removing Amazon Music from your Sonos system, then add it back. Please reach out to our phone team for help if that doesn't do the trick. You can find our number and hours here.
Badge
It’s not resolved for me. I tried removing and adding it back, and still seeing the error message in playlists I created.