Amazon Playlist Issue

• 27 January 2021
  • 3 replies

I received a Sonos 1 (gen 2) for Christmas and haven’t been able to get it to play my Amazon playlist since I got it.  If I ask it to play it via Alexa it will do so, but I keep getting “Requested operation failed.  Please try again” when I try and access it from the Sonos app on my Android phone.  

It’ll play the playlists that Amazon has created using my music (My Music Review 2020 for instance).  It’ll also play albums and singers from my collection but it won’t play my playlist.

I’ve removed and re-added Amazon Music from the app; I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app; I have moved the portable phone which was too close to the Sonos.  Nothing has worked.  

All I want to be able to do is manage my playlists from the app and it is getting very frustrating that two things that are supposed to work seamlessly aren’t.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Shrimper19

Welcome to the Sonos community. Thank you for reaching out to us and for letting us know about your concern. We appreciate what you have done so far, however, the issue is still not resolved. Let me help you out with this.

If Alexa not following commands, not responding at all, or responding with an error, please follow the steps below.

1. Open the Alexa app on your iOS or Android device.
  2. Open the menu in the top left and tap on Skills & Games > Your Skills > Sonos > Disable Skill.
  3. Deregister your Sonos speaker from Alexa by following the instructions on Amazon's website: Deregistering a device.
  4. Disable Voice Control in the Sonos app. From the Settings tab, tap Services, and select Amazon Alexa under Voice. Select the voice-enabled speaker from the list of Sonos Products, and tap Remove Alexa.
  5. Log out of all Amazon Apps on the mobile device, including the Amazon app, Alexa app, and Amazon.com in your mobile browser.
    • To sign out of the Amazon mobile app:
      • On Android devices, open the app and tap Menu > Your Account > Sign Out.
      • On iOS devices, open the app and tap the menu icon in the top-left corner, and then choose Settings > "Not [name]?"
  6. Using the Sonos app, complete the Alexa setup again. Follow the steps to log into the appropriate Amazon account when prompted to do so.
  7. Once completed, try giving Alexa another command.

If the steps listed above do not resolve your issue, please contact our phone support team with your full network setup including the make and model of each device to further look into this. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you. 

That didn’t work.  I think I’m going to quit while I’m behind and forget about being able to manage Amazon music from the Sonos app.  I’ve created a Sonos playlist instead.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Shrimper19, thanks for your response and for updating us. Sorry to hear that it’s still not working. To further assist you with this, I would recommend contacting our phone support for more in-depth troubleshooting steps. Our phone support has the tools to check what's going on in your system and to remotely access your device to provide the best option for you. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.