Answered

Amazon My Music -"song not encoded correctly"

• 9 September 2019
  • 4 replies

New problem. After getting various warnings that Sonos would no longer be supporting music loaded on a local IOS device I spent several weeks setting up playlists on my Amazon account. This seemed to work well. But now I am getting "song not encoded correctly" message for every tune on a playlist I created. However I seem able to play from a random selection of playlists offered by Amazon. What do I do next?

Have to say Sonos your apps letting you down.

added: Ok I see from recent posts this may be a general problem with streaming Amazon. Is this going to resolve itself? If so how soon?
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 12 September 2019, 19:32

Thanks for the update. We're currently investigating an issue where purchased music in Amazon playlists gives an error. If you can play other music through Amazon music, you've likely run into this issue. I'll update this thread when this is resolved.
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
New problem. After getting various warnings that Sonos would no longer be supporting music loaded on a local IOS device I spent several weeks setting up playlists on my Amazon account. This seemed to work well. But now I am getting "song not encoded correctly" message for every tune on a playlist I created. However I seem able to play from a random selection of playlists offered by Amazon. What do I do next?

Have to say Sonos your apps letting you down.

added: Ok I see from recent posts this may be a general problem with streaming Amazon. Is this going to resolve itself? If so how soon?

Hi there,

Are you still having this issue? If so, does the error happen when playing all tracks from Amazon Music, or is it just the tracks in your playlists? What format are the songs in your playlist?

It may help to reboot your router and each Sonos speaker. This should ensure that all devices are using up to date network information.

If you're still seeing the issue, please recreate it, then submit a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number.
Thanks for reply. I will try your suggestions and report back in the next 24hrs. Cheers 🙂
rebooted but no change.

diagnostic number: 1865242341

I have no idea what format Amazon streaming service uses, but it is whatever their service provides. These are songs I have purchased with Amazon and set up as a playlist within the Amazon music environment. Sonos Can see the playlists and tries to play them, bouncing from song to song due to not recognising the format. A week ago it could play the very same playlist.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks for the update. We're currently investigating an issue where purchased music in Amazon playlists gives an error. If you can play other music through Amazon music, you've likely run into this issue. I'll update this thread when this is resolved.