Amazon Music works fine, Spotify not so much

• 11 February 2019
  • 3 replies

I have 7 rooms with Sonos speakers. One has a playbar that is wired directly to my Deco M9 router (one of 4 in a mesh network). I play Amazon Music service and all is well. I play Spotify and I get:

1) Stutters,
2) Songs skipped because it cannot play.
3) Long delays when we add/drop rooms.
4) Left/right/sub speakers dropping out and coming back during a song.

I can play 4K movies, day in, day out so I do not believe it is a bandwidth problem. I have gone back to using SonosNet (removed password for my WiFi) but this did not seem to change anything.

Thoughts?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, SoMuchMedia. Have you tried removing the Spotify credentials from Sonos and re-adding them? If the problems only occur on Spotify it may be due to a stale session token, and forcing the services to shake hands again might help. If the problems persist, submit a diagnostic report shortly after and reply here with the confirmation number. We may be able to give a bit more insight after.

Thanks!
I set as many reserved addresses as my router would allow (about 15) and I told the router to treat all the Sonos speakers as high priority in QOS. It was better but just happened again so I captured a diagnostic - 1500706882.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
SoMuchMedia: Thanks for the diagnostic report. With a quick look at the diagnostic you submitted, it seems that the speakers themselves are having a hard time dealing with interference when trying to communicate speaker-to-speaker.

I noticed there are a couple of groups made. Does this happen if you only select one room by itself, say, the Living Room or Kitchen?

On the other hand, it might be a good idea to give our support technicians a call. They would be able to set up a remote session and get a closer look at the connectivity between speakers and test things out in real-time.