Answered

Amazon Music Unlimited Dolby Atmos low volume thru Arc

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi, this is to continue the discussion on the previous topic which was closed.

Does anyone has news on this? The issue persists on my system, since the launch of Atmos Music on Sonos & Amazon last December.

To reproduce the issue:

1. On Sonos Beam Gen 2 or Sonos Arc with Amazon Music account;
  2. Select a Station from Amazon Music that has a mix of Atmos and HD/Ultra HD tracks, e.g., Today's Hits;
  3. Start playing and DON'T skip songs (be patient!);
  4. If, by chance, the first track is Atmos, it'll play fine;
  5. Wait until an Atmos track starts playing after an Ultra HD or HD track;
  6. The volume will be so low that you can't barely listen to it;
  7. Tap the pause button;
  8. Tap the play button;
  9. The Atmos track will resume playing at the normal volume;
  10. If, by chance, the next track is also Atmos, it'll play fine;
  11. Return to step 5 (the issue will always happen).

I have opened a ticket with Sonos support in December, but no solution until now ☹️

icon

Best answer by Corry P 8 April 2022, 13:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I received one email from Sonos Escalations Team about my support ticket. They are still working on this bug and no ETA yet.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I received one email from Sonos Escalations Team about my support ticket. They are still working on this bug and no ETA yet.

Thanks for passing that along…hopefully, it won't be too much longer.

In my experience with software, defining an ETA on a bug is pretty much a hopeless effort, and often doubles the amount of time the engineer spends in order to figure out what the issue really is, and address it. Better to just fix the issue, rather than providing ETA type information. Distracts attention from the fix.