Answered

Amazon Music started skipping again...

• 6 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Happy New Year :)

As per title, Amazon music (Family) has started over the last week to skip on every track after 5-30seconds.  This happens on all Play:One speakers.  Other services don’t seem to be effected - currently listening to my library via iBroadcast with zero issues.

Diagnostics from this morning: 1975614706

All looks fine on the network which is Netgear Orbi based with three statellites - i’m using Sonos with that network as it’s solid with good coverage on all speakers.

Help appreciated as the Amazon situation is really annoying.  Tracks play fine from the amazon app

icon

Best answer by Shropit 6 January 2022, 16:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

The network matrix is really only useful when using SonosNet.

Are all your Sonos speakers connected to the primary Orbi node or do some show as connected to the satellites?

Personally, I would try wiring one of your Sonos speakers to the Orbi primary node to see if that improves music playback for you.

Also take a look at this thread (thanks @Ken_Griffiths)

The Play:1s have a weaker wireless card hence the dropouts. I have a pair of Play:1s in the same room as a wired Boost and my Ones in a different room have a stronger inbound/outbound signal.

The network matrix is really only useful when using SonosNet.

Are all your Sonos speakers connected to the primary Orbi node or do some show as connected to the satellites?

Personally, I would try wiring one of your Sonos speakers to the Orbi primary node to see if that improves music playback for you.

Also take a look at this thread (thanks @Ken_Griffiths)

The Play:1s have a weaker wireless card hence the dropouts. I have a pair of Play:1s in the same room as a wired Boost and my Ones in a different room have a stronger inbound/outbound signal.

Thanks - i’ve looked at that thread before (very informative :thumbsup:) , but the layout of my house doesn’t lend itself to sonosnet (with 3 areas being extended and the signal having to pass through formerly external walls) - hence the router and hard-wired satellites. 

The speakers play fine from other sources - it’s just amazon that is causing an issue - i’m listening to an online feed right now and it’s been fine for teh past few hours.

The OFDM ANI levels at each speaker are 0 (green on the matrix) and the differing noise levels doesn’t appear to have any effect as all speaker experience teh same drop outs.

The various speakers are connected to various satellites and the main router, connecting to the best signal as intended.

Userlevel 7

I assume Amazon Music is playing in HD which is a higher bitrate than your other music services.

Are you able to cast to your Sonos speakers from the Amazon Music app? This will play Amazon Music in SD.

Another thread on here, a user assigned static IP addresses to their sonos devices when using Orbi and this solved their dropout issue.

Nope! high bitrate FLAC is OK from NAS, it’s literally just Amazon that borking things at the moment.

All the devices have static IPs and some of the wierd Orbi settings have been set as per the Orbi thread you referenced up thread (again Kudos @Ken_Griffiths for that thread - it did make a big difference to things here).

...time passes…

And the solution is found!  Network cable had pulled out from a hardwired satellite in the lounge (How?  Fat spider?) forcing the satellites to use wifi backhaul and daisy-chain through a not very wifi friendly environment - why this was only affecting the Amazon services i have no idea as i was watching 4K films over the network lastnight with no issue.

Thanks for your thoughts 👍