Answered

Amazon music "missing required information"

For years amazon music has worked fine without issue.

Within the last few weeks it keeps failing raising an error message:

Your Amazon account is missing required information.  Please go to music.amazon.com on a computer web browser and update your information.  It may take several minutes for your account information to update.

Going to music.amazon.com doesn’t show anything thats an issue, the account is up to date and can play just fine through amazon.

I can remove the amazon account from sonos, then re-add it, and music will work fine for a couple hours then fail again with the same error. 

Having to do that repeatedly is a giant pain.

Any help on how I can get back to this just working?

icon

Best answer by eandy 8 May 2022, 20:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

I’m going to hazard a guess that there is some sort of variable/random  wifi interference that is causing your speakers to lose connection with the Amazon servers. Hard to tell, specifically, but I’d start with a simple refresh of the network, and a refresh of all the various devices. Sounds more ominous than it is, simply unplug all Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos devices to the power.

However, it’s possible this doesn’t solve the issue, but it won’t hurt anything, either. But if it doesn’t help, submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Userlevel 7

I’ve seen this issue raised a few times in the last few days.

I now suspect the issue is due to some authentication token between Amazon Music and Sonos that needs refreshed.

Rather than removing and re-adding Amazon Music, what happens if you just reauthorise Amazon Music from within the Sonos app?

After reauthorising, wait a few minutes before attempting to play from Amazon Music.

The process of removing the streamer, then adding it back in would include a reauthorization through the Amazon auth token server. 

Which is why I am thinking more about periodic loss of contact, rather than an auth failure. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I just switch to my music library for a few minutes to an hour. When I try Amazon again the problem clears without me doing anything and Amazon is good for another few days.

Userlevel 1

I’m going to hazard a guess that there is some sort of variable/random  wifi interference that is causing your speakers to lose connection with the Amazon servers.

[omitted]

umm, no. I’m glad you know how to spell wifi - but gave a non-answer using technical jargon. You clearly didn’t have the problem, didn’t solve it and said nothing other than “reboot it”. 

Your diagnostic/support approach is however very insightful.

Userlevel 1

I now suspect the issue is due to some authentication token between Amazon Music and Sonos that needs refreshed.

Rather than removing and re-adding Amazon Music, what happens if you just reauthorise Amazon Music from within the Sonos app?

After reauthorising, wait a few minutes before attempting to play from Amazon Music.

I just tried re-authorizing and the problem did not go away.

Userlevel 1

Actually, this did work for me.

#tldr - Go into your Sonos App and re-authorize Sonos to use Amazon and wait 5-10 minutes for the change to propagate. 

NOTE: I FIXED THIS WITHOUT REBOOTING ****ANYTHING****. 

Thank you Mr T

== here’s what I did to verify this is the correct solution ==
I have two rooms 

• Room A (2x Play 1)
  • Room B (Play 5)

I originally had a problem with Room A where I got the “Your Amazon account is missing required information.” message. 

I tried the following with no success

• Restart Sonos IOS App.
  • Logged into Amazon desktop app and started playing the same song that I wanted to play on my Sonos Room A. Successfully played in the Amazon Desktop app. Stopped player before leaving.****
  • Logged into Amazon web player on desktop and played the same song and it worked.
  • Logged into the Amazon web app and looked at music authorized devices (didn’t see sonos)
  • Looked at software versions in IOS app to ensure that all sonos devices are on the latest version. 

then I did this (which didn’t work immediately)

• Looked at “Services & Voice” in the IOS app and re-authorized the Sonos app to work with Amazon. This didn’t work immediately in Room A. I kept reading and researching and then realized I had another room I could try. I tried Room B (about 5 minutes had elapsed since I re-authorized) and Room B worked. I then tried Room A and it worked. 

I believe based on this experience that Mr T.’s belief is probably correct. An authorization token probably expired and had to be refreshed. This might have been due to a system update in Amazon’s infrastructure. 

**** stopping the Amazon player before leaving it is critical as it appears that Amazon has shifted their player policy to only allow one instance of the player across all devices (IOS APP, web player, desktop player, sonos or other integration). This appears to be motivated by driving new subscription sales - i personally don’t subscribe. Here’s a reference Music Help: Amazon Music Unlimited Streaming Limits on Multiple Devices

I think I'll cancel the Amazon account. 

I began having the same issue about two weeks ago.  Sonos players are connected to the network via ethernet and play all other music services without issue.  My other devices (laptop, phones, and Control4) stream Amazon Music without issue.  This problem ONLY occurs with Amazon Music on Sonos.  I have reauthorized Amazon Music, removed Amazon Music and re-added, removed my zone players and re-added, rebooted all network devices, and made sure all components were up to date.  I listen every day, and the problem occurs almost daily.  Please help.  

This is apparently happening on other non-Sonos devices too. See this link

https://support1.bluesound.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/5794247084951

This looks to me like it is an Amazon account issue with their authorisation token. Maybe speak to your local Amazon customer support and see if they can perhaps resolve the issue at their end.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I’m experiencing this on a fairly regular basis as well, and as Ken noted a Google search indicates this is happening on at least some non-Sonos devices as well.

While that suggests it is not a Sonos issue, I would like to see Sonos respond to or at least acknowledge the issue one way or another.  I’d like to think they have better contacts with Amazon than I do, but maybe that’s a reach these days. 😉

I’ve tried re-authorizing multiple times to no avail. I’ve just had to wait it out until the service returns. 

Anyone who is paying Amazon money likely has a better leverage point with Amazon. Sonos does not have any financial relationship there. 

Has anyone even had success “Re-authorizing” the account? I keep getting the “There was a problem authorizing your account” message there. Every single time. This issue with Amazon Music has been a mess the last 2 days and there seems to be no real solution.

Has anyone even had success “Re-authorizing” the account? I keep getting the “There was a problem authorizing your account” message there. Every single time. This issue with Amazon Music has been a mess the last 2 days and there seems to be no real solution.

It appears from some of the things mentioned online, both here and elsewhere, that it’s an isolated matter that’s being reported in just some areas only and and has been happening with ‘non-Sonos’ products aswell.

I guess it will be fixed at some point, but meanwhile if your issues persist, then maybe raise the matter with Amazon Support too.

Userlevel 1

I have had this issue for weeks. Sonos gave some nonproductive ideas. But Amazon acknowledged it’s their problem yesterday and they are working on it. Since then Amazon is working better on Sonos but still not normal. So I gather they are still working on it 

I have had this issue for weeks. Sonos gave some nonproductive ideas. But Amazon acknowledged it’s their problem yesterday and they are working on it. Since then Amazon is working better on Sonos but still not normal. So I gather they are still working on it 

Hi Rhp, so when you say that “Amazon acknowledged it’s their problem” - how exactly did that happen? Did you talk to a support person at Amazon that knew their authorization was having issues? Or is this fact stated somewhere in public? And did someone acknowledge this was a specific issue that would be experienced on Sonos?

Just curious how you came upon that knowledge, as I was also thinking about going directly to Amazon support (as several folks have mentioned in these threads).  Thanks!

Userlevel 1

I called Amazon and complained

I’m still having this issue and it’s terribly frustrating 

Userlevel 1

Call Amazon. I still get it off and on.  Now more off thank goodness 

This just happened to me again. It’s been off and on for about a month. I will also contact Amazon. Very frustrating. And yes, all other streaming services are working fine on my Sonos system. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Have you read the Amazon notes on https://status.sonos.com/ ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I have, and my Sonos speakers have all been updated for more than a week. The problem persists.

I have, and my Sonos speakers have all been updated for more than a week. The problem persists.

I would maybe contact Amazon Support @Master T; as it appears they have apparently fixed this for some users reporting the issue here in the community, although I’ve also seen a couple of posts saying that the issue still occasionally returns, albeit on a less-frequent basis.

HTH

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Already did that a while back. I can’t objectively say whether the problem is happening more or less frequently than it was since then, as I had house guests and the system was generally less active than normal.

But it’s happened at least once today already. 

Already did that a while back. I can’t objectively say whether the problem is happening more or less frequently than it was since then, as I had house guests and the system was generally less active than normal.

But it’s happened at least once today already. 

I read it was affecting customers in Canada and a few other regions, so I’ve not seen the issue, but here’s hoping ‘they’ fix it for all soon.