amazon music just keeps stopping

• 8 August 2018
  • 3 replies

I have Amazon unlimited music and my account is linked to my Sonos but when I play music from Amazon it keeps randomly stopping if played via the app or Amazon Alexa (dot) and I get a error saying the connection to amazon music has been lost or the format of the track is incorrect.

I have a 1GB fibre broadband connection so its not my speed

I have already tried all of the below:

1. Remove amazon music and add it again.
2. Reset my Amazon Alexa Dot.
3. Change my router WiFi channels (I work for the Tel Co so I can see which WiFi channels are free).
4. Changed the channel of my Sonos as advise by Sonos support

Can someone please help as this has been going on for weeks.

Thanks
Andrew

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have Amazon unlimited music and my account is linked to my Sonos but when I play music from Amazon it keeps randomly stopping if played via the app or Amazon Alexa (dot) and I get a error saying the connection to amazon music has been lost or the format of the track is incorrect.

I have a 1GB fibre broadband connection so its not my speed

I have already tried all of the below:

1. Remove amazon music and add it again.
2. Reset my Amazon Alexa Dot.
3. Change my router WiFi channels (I work for the Tel Co so I can see which WiFi channels are free).
4. Changed the channel of my Sonos as advise by Sonos support

Can someone please help as this has been going on for weeks.

Thanks
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Please reproduce the issue then send in a diagnostic report. Reply with the confirmation number and I'll take a look for you.
820717709 diagnostic submitted for very similar issue
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
820717709 diagnostic submitted for very similar issue

Thanks for sending in the report. The audio stream is taking too long to get to the players, resulting in stops. This is likely due to interference from nearby wireless networks on the same channel as your own. Please try changing your network's wireless channel to 11 and see if that helps.