Amazon Music exclusively causes major drop-outs

• 10 August 2022
  • 2 replies

I have worked with Sonos techs on and off for over two years because my 8 sonos gen 1 speakers would constantly drop and skip and be generally a disaster. This was a new problem vs the 10 years I started collecting Sonos speakers. My diagnostics always checked out. I was ready to completely abandon Sonos. I felt like I was being forced into the new Sonos 2 system. I bought a fairly inexpensive sonos boost and that didn’t help either.  THEN it occurred to me that the weak link was not the Sonos system or my high speed internet connection but the quality of the feed the stream service was giving me and sure enough it was.
Amazon music skips stutters and drops but when I tried other stream services like Sonos Radio or Pandora or TuneIn or Spotify there were zero drops. Audio plays flawlessly. For me AMAZON MUSIC IS BAD NEWS AND GIVES ME A BAD FEED ON SONOS. I’m not sure if it’s a sonos thing or Amazon thing but currently anything else other than Amazon Music on Sonos is what works well for me. I only wish the tech support folks at Sonos had suggested trying a different stream service as a possible cause. We never discussed that and just focused on the Sonos sysytem.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Amazon Music performs fine for me, whether it be HD, UHD or Atmos content. I am however on S2, and the way Sonos accesses Amazon was overhauled in S2.

Thanks for your input   Yes I’m not surprised to hear your Amazon experience is different from mine. Makes sense. Just want anyone who is mad at their S1 system trying to play Amazon to consider it may be Amazon.  For me it def was. Thanks!