Question

Amazon Cloud Drive - any plans to add?

• 5 June 2017
  • 7 replies

I have all my music in the Amazon Cloud. Would be great to have as a Music Service within Sonos. Any plans to support?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

It's already supported. Unless you are not in a country that has the service, you should be able to add Amazon Music from the Manage Music services menu. See this link:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3524/kw/Amazon/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ5NjcwMDgwOS9zaWQvZlVPb1RaRml1V3JsN1FmYVlBVHNFVTBtNzlfaGY2WHZwTWRnNlpiQ0tzRE1hb1VuaE9DMlV1X3R5JTdFZG8zc3V5U1RlYjFaYnBrVjRScUlGVXJMblJXRTlnMnhqVUdxb05FWkhEZkFYVkpUbUlBSmNyRXBaTGhnckElMjElMjE%3D
Thank you, but I'm actively using the Amazon Music service. What I'd like added is the ability for Sonos to work with the Amazon cloud where I have stored my own music.
It does. Read the link. The Amazon Music Library tier lets you play music that you have uploaded, purchased from the Amazon Music Store and Auto-Rip content is all playable via the Amazon Music app.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Amazon Drive is not Amazon Music.

It's worth noting that Amazon just announced a change to the Amazon Drive (aka Cloud Drive doing away with unlimited storage: https://www.amazon.com/b?node=16591160011

This may effect your request.
But Amazon Music has essentially the same function as Amazon Cloud. It lets you upload your own, and automatically stores a digital copy of any purchases. If one joins Amazon Music but doesn't pay for the Prime or Unlimited features, you effectively have Amazon Cloud.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
But Amazon Music has essentially the same function as Amazon Cloud. It lets you upload your own, and automatically stores a digital copy of any purchases. If one joins Amazon Music but doesn't pay for the Prime or Unlimited features, you effectively have Amazon Cloud.
True, just answering specifically as asked by the OP.

I would assume that in the past the benefit was unlimited storage. That's going away though, hence my previous comment.
Badge
Amazon Music has retired the "upload your own music" feature.

I cam here by looking for a way to play from either Amazon Drive or S3 directly. Despite the unlimited stuff going away, the 1 TB option is still pretty good.