Question

All the sudden no sound, Any ideas?

• 14 November 2020
  • 1 reply

All the sudden no sound

I have 2 play bars attached are two separate TVs. One in the basement and one upstairs.

Last night all of the sudden no sound would come out of The upstairs television/play bar. I then went to the basement to check my other set up and the same thing is happening.

The upstairs television/play bar. I then went to the basement to check my other set up and the same thing is happening.

I checked my Wi-Fi and everything is good with it.

Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @JoeRendawg.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand that you are having issues with both of your Sonos Playbar having no audio. Let me help you out.

I would like to recommend the following basic troubleshooting steps to help out.

• Try to reboot your Sonos Playbar, Unplug them from power, and plug them back in after 10-15 seconds. This is to refresh their connectivity both via TV and the internet.
  • Did we have any sound after the reboot?
  • Can we try playing music if we have audio using the Sonos App?
  • Do we have audio while playing music through the Sonos App?
  • Can we check the TV audio out settings through the TV settings menu to check if it is set to audio out (external or optical)? A possible TV firmware update may have changed it back to TV speakers.
  • Can we check the optical cable from the back of the Playbar, can we try to unplug and plug them back and make sure they fit snug?
  • Can we test if we have audio?
  • Can we check the optical cable from the back of the TV, can we try to unplug and plug them back and make sure they fit snug?
  • Can we reboot the TV, unplug the TV from the power outlet and plug them back in after 10-15 seconds?

Let me know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,