• 22 December 2017
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Tried:" Alexa, play Chris Botti from Spotify."
Alexa: Sorry, something went wrong."

Tried:" Alexa, play Yo Yo Ma from Spotify."
Alexa: Sorry, something went wrong."

I gave up.... Please help me to resolve this problem, so I can use this basic functionality with Sonos Ones I have.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Same exact problem. Set up the new Sonos One, and it will play music just fine if I do it manually through the Sonos app. Alexa also will do other stuff just fine (like set a timer or tell me the weather). However, saying “Alexa, play X” does not work no matter what I put in for X — she just says “sorry, something went wrong”. Driving me a bit crazy
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Update: I also tried changing to Channel 1 or 6 (to avoid wireless interference). It is still NOT WORKING. I am sure it has nothing to do with wireless interference because the audio quality and connection is perfect. I can manage it manually no problem, just Alexa not working here.
I am having the same issue. I already had a Sonos One. Then my boss gave us all one for Christmas. So I set up the other one for my wife in her room. I set up her own separate Sonos account and her own Amazon Alexa account. But Alexa will not play music via voice command. "Something went wrong!" But she won't tell me what went wrong. I have the Sonos skill learnt in the Alexa app but the app will not add device. Just keeps saying it failed... please help... anyone? Anyone???
I’m having exact same problem!! It’s great at freaky my cat out with meow app but if asked to play X on Spotify it says exact same as above! It doesn’t pause or skip because it doesn’t believe music is playing. Ideally I could use Deezer but I understand it can’t yet.... well it can’t use Spotify!
I too have the same trouble, answers questions and weather etc. but when ask her to play the radio it all goes wrong grrrrr
Badge
i am have the same trouble also i get the same response from "Alexa what's my flash brief"
Badge
I got it fixed. I defaulted thr sonos one and disassociated it from alex and reset all of my sonos controllers and reinstalled according the instructions on the sonos web site
I’m getting the same on my Sonos One: “I’m not sure what went wrong” on some of the Skills but not all. Earplay I can’t get to work yet Sleep Sounds does. My guess is that it is the interactive or more complex interactions. Alexa was responding to my Hue lights routines but now doesn’t, perhaps Alexa has lost her mind? Any clues or fixes?