Answered

Alexa ignores commands if not in the room where music started

• 24 March 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge
I have 3 Sonos Ones in the house. If I start music by voice command in the Bedroom for example, and the Kitchen is already grouped with Bedroom, then they both start to play. However, if I then move to the Kitchen and ask Alexa to stop the music, she ignores the command. I have to go back to the bedroom, or use the Sonos App to stop music.
Is this correct behaviour?
icon

Best answer by Chris 24 March 2018, 15:41

Since your in a different room that Alexa doesn't remember you. You probably need to say "Alexa stop music in bedroom". You would need to state the room you first started it in as that is all Alexa really knows is playing. Alexa doesn't know bedroom happens to be grouped with Kitchen. Alexa thinks Kitchen is silent.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Since your in a different room that Alexa doesn't remember you. You probably need to say "Alexa stop music in bedroom". You would need to state the room you first started it in as that is all Alexa really knows is playing. Alexa doesn't know bedroom happens to be grouped with Kitchen. Alexa thinks Kitchen is silent.
This is a feature of Amazon, not Sonos. All of my Echo devices work this way. If I have an alarm on my kitchen device, I can’t tell my living room Dot to cancel it, I have to go to the kitchen Echo to do it.