Alarms vs Grouping

• 24 April 2017
  • 7 replies

Totally I have 4 Sonos'. 2 Play1 and 2 Play3.
I have setup 2 alarms. First alarm starts at 5.59 on only one Sonos Play1 (bathroom). This alarm is set to last for 30 minuttes.
The next alarm is set to start 6.30 for all group of 4 Sonos'.
But the first alarm apparently un-group all, to play on only one Speaker.
So when number 2 alarm starts, it will only affect the Sonos selected in the alarm setup, no matter if I select to include grouped speakers.
How can I solve this ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Hello Anders, thanks for posting. This is functioning as expected, as the first alarm separates the group, and the players can't regroup automatically. You'll likely need to keep the alarms on separate groups or speakers.
It would be really great if setting up a New alarm You're able to ADD more speakers than only One. And I don't mean grouped speakers. Is this possible?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
It would be really great if setting up a New alarm You're able to ADD more speakers than only One. And I don't mean grouped speakers. Is this possible?

No. As far as I know only 1 room can be selected and if you select the "Include grouped rooms" check in the advanced settings then if that room is part of a group then the alarm will sound in that group (As long as it hasn't been broken).

Over the years there are a number of requests for alarms and groups so Sonos are aware there are those who do want the ability to select multiple rooms for alarms. So we have no idea if this is something Sonos will ever modify.
This is crazy. A system this sophisticated, and I can't select multiple speakers to play when the alarm starts? And if I set two alarms for the same time with different speakers they're going to play different music.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Why can't sonos create permanent groups like chromecast can?
I agree. I enjoy Sonos for the quality sound as the ease of use. I can’t believe they won’t make a minor adjustment to allow you to set an alarm for a specific group of rooms. Using the last group setting seems irrelevant.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.