Answered

Alarms sometimes don't play

• 28 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi,

In my Bedroom I have two IKEA SYMFONISK Table lamps as stereo pair. One is wired to my network. The other connected via Wireless Sonos Net.

I have an alarm setup, to play a Sonos playlist, which mainly has songs from my nas (itunes folder) and a few songs from Apple Music. The alarm is set to play on the bedroom speakers every weekday from 07:00 to 09:00, but also on grouped speakers (as Sonos does not allow me to add alarms to a speaker group, only to a speaker and the speakers that just happen to be grouped at that time, every morning 30 minutes before the alarm, my  Home Assistant system groups the speakers in my bedroom, guestroom (Play:3 in stereo pair), bathroom (One SL), and kitchen (play:1 stereo pair). This grouping works flawlessly, so every morning before the alarm plays, the desired speakers are grouped with my bedroom speakers).

But..

Since recently (hard to pinpoint), sometimes the alarm does not play at all, anywhere. Also, not the chimes backup. The chimes did used to play in the past, if the NAS was down, or my internet connection was down. This hardly ever happens, as I have a stable home network (mostly wired, unifi hardware, wifi not on same channel as Sonos NET) and a good fast and stable internet connection (all monitored too). 

And of course, All my Sonos software/firmware is up to date. All speakers are on 13.3. I did notice my living room Arc is on 13.3.2.

Home assistant has a very nice history overview. I can see exactly when each speaker was playing or paused. This morning the alarm did not play (sigh), and Home assistant shows no change from paused to play at 07:00 when my alarm was supposed to play. Yesterday, when the alarm did play, Home Assistant clearly shows all grouped speakers playing form 07:00 to 09:00.

Am I the only one with this problem? Any idea’s?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 28 October 2021, 09:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Luke Roberts 

Thanks for your post!

In all such occurrences (things not playing when they should), my first recommendation is to reboot your router by removing power for at least 30 seconds. It is fairly normal to need to do this several times a year - routers that are guaranteed to work flawlessly for long periods of time are very expensive.

If the alarm fails to play again, please submit a diagnostic soon afterwards and reply here with the number given when convenient. Thanks.

Badge +1

I have the same problem.. 

Did you submit a diagnostic, as suggested in the post before yours? Posting the number of that diagnostic would certainly assist the Sonos folks in helping you.