Answered

Alarms have stopped playing

• 10 December 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi

After 15 years of faultless alarms and being completely impressed by how reliable they have been, suddenly I cannot get my morning alarm to play. The Play 3 in the Bedroom is hardwired back to a switch which is wired to the router. The only change I have made to the system around the time it stopped working is to add a TP-Link Access point in my Garage which is hardwired to the Connect Amp in the garage to give me control of the Sonos system in my garage. The Garage connect Amp is using it’s wifi to link back to the house. The Bedroom and Garage are about as far from each other as physically possible.

From looking at other threads I have tried turning off Internet time updates, this did work for 1 morning, but the following morning it did not play again. I have tried deleteing the alarm and re-adding.

The alarm is set to play internet Radio from tune-in and set to Mon to Fri.

i have no issue setting the time of the alarm as I have seen in other threads.

Time zone is set to GMT.

If I press the Play/Mute button the radio plays fine, and I have no dropouts ever as most of my system is hardwired.

I am perplexed as to why it’s stopped working...

icon

Best answer by PhilSkill 12 December 2019, 23:52

Updated complete system to 10.6 and it worked this morning! I wonder if something had gone wrong in the last update, like all of my system had not updated.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Diagnostic sent 1303928288

May I suggest that you contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it?

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. The Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

We community folks don’t have access to your diagnostic, unfortunately.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Updated complete system to 10.6 and it worked this morning! I wonder if something had gone wrong in the last update, like all of my system had not updated.

So I’m running 10.6.2 and now *my* alarms have stopped working. In the past, I would occasionally have issues with the alarm chiming coming on instead of whatever music source I had chosen, but now instead nothing happens at all. I have tried deleting and re-establishing the alarms, but nothing works. Kind of getting more and more disappointed with Sonos lately.

Have you tried calling their customer service line, and seeing if they can help determine this new issue?