Answered

Alarm use wrong radio station

• 15 December 2021
  • 9 replies

Why does the alarm sometimes select to play a different radio station than the one I have told it to?

I want it to play DR P4 but often it plays a commercial station instead, and I think it is The Voice. After all they are both danish stations. But it is very annoying. 

icon

Best answer by el rubio 17 December 2021, 23:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @Juulemanden , the next time you experience this issue, can you Submit Diagnostics via the Sonos app within 10 minutes and reply here with the number you’ll see on the screen?

What’s the frequency of this happening? Have you tried deleting the alarm and setting a new one?

Hi,

It happens about once a month. I’ll delete the alarm and create it again. And if it happens again I will try to make a diagnostic report. 

Regards

Lars

hi @Juulemanden if I am not mistaken, you can use either the TuneIn or Sonos Radio streaming, maybe you can try either of those

It does make me wonder if there’s some other alarm set up, perhaps outside of Sonos, that’s overriding the selection. Like in Apple’s Home, or something like that. Not sure I’ve ever read a previous post where Sonos is playing a different station. A handful of not playing the station, just the chime (network connection fail at the moment the alarm tries to reach out and grab the station), but never a “playing a different station.

I’d definitely be looking at outside apps, to make sure you didn’t set up something and then forget that you had. Something I’ve done before :)

hi @Juulemanden if I am not mistaken, you can use either the TuneIn or Sonos Radio streaming, maybe you can try either of those

Hi! I didn’t know there were other possibilities than using one of those. Actually it would be nice to use the direct stream instead. In that case I would be pretty sure that I would always listen to the same station. 

It does make me wonder if there’s some other alarm set up, perhaps outside of Sonos, that’s overriding the selection. Like in Apple’s Home, or something like that. Not sure I’ve ever read a previous post where Sonos is playing a different station. A handful of not playing the station, just the chime (network connection fail at the moment the alarm tries to reach out and grab the station), but never a “playing a different station.

I’d definitely be looking at outside apps, to make sure you didn’t set up something and then forget that you had. Something I’ve done before :)

Hi! I do not have any outside apps running. And yes I have heard the chime when the network is down. That feature would be great to turn off.

Not sure why you would ever want to turn off the chime if the speaker can’t reach the radio station. That effectively would cause the alarm not to sound at all. Which might tick off a whole bunch of folks. Better to just turn off the alarm itself.

Not sure why you would ever want to turn off the chime if the speaker can’t reach the radio station. That effectively would cause the alarm not to sound at all. Which might tick off a whole bunch of folks. Better to just turn off the alarm itself.

Well I never use the alarm as an alarm, it is only a convenient way of turning the radio on in the morning, and be sure it is turned off after a few hours. 
Another way is to use the alarm as “someone is home” while away. Yet another situation where the chime is an unwanted feature. 

Ah, so you’re actually pushing for a timer function to be added to Sonos, rather than using an alarm to achieve what your currently using it for. That, I can understand, but still get stuck on the support issues that could be created if they provided an option to remove the chime from the thing called ‘Alarm’.