Question

Alarm timeframe ... pls add a "stepless" for customize time (e.g. 4.5 hours)

• 18 January 2017
  • 4 replies

Dear Sonos

I have an request for the Alarm Duration .. some of the rooms in the house I use the "Alarm" to start up the radio when I know we arrive home, e.g. kitchen. But when doing this I can select between to short time (max 2 hours) or no limits (to long time).

Idea is to apply a "customize" = hh:mm option for us ... so if I know I wish the radio to run for 4 hours 30 minuts, then I can customize it freely.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Mark

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Dear Sonos

I have an request for the Alarm Duration .. some of the rooms in the house I use the "Alarm" to start up the radio when I know we arrive home, e.g. kitchen. But when doing this I can select between to short time (max 2 hours) or no limits (to long time).

Idea is to apply a "customize" = hh:mm option for us ... so if I know I wish the radio to run for 4 hours 30 minuts, then I can customize it freely.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Mark

HI Mark,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll send along a feature request to allow custom durations for alarms. Let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.
Would be nice to be able to set a START time and an STOP time. We use Connect Amp in a reception of a Hotel, and we would like the music to start in the morning and stop at night every day.
I would like a variable sleep time (less than 15 min).
Badge +18
On the old ask Sonos forum I suggested that it would be good if the alarm would play for the duration of a selected track. So if the track was a 5 seconds long that is the length of the alarm duration.

The thing I really want.. is the abilty for the alarm to just play, so it it continues to play from the last paused position in the existing queue.

A variable length alarm would be good for me.