Question

alarm reverts to chime instead of radio.

• 19 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Every time my alarm is scheduled to play a Sonos station it plays a chime instead. If I push the play button to pause the chime and then push it again the radio starts almost instantly.

It's a Sonos one

Just submitted a diagnostic report but I don't really know what that does and it was 8 minutes after the alarm was due to go off do not sure what value it has

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Couple of things. First, post the number of that diagnostic here, so the Sonos folks can find it, and know what they’re looking for in it. 

Second, when a chime plays instead of a linked station/file, that’s a pretty good indication that at the moment the alarm was set to go off, the speaker was unable to connect to the stream. Rather than just fail completely, it fails over to the chime, so you’re still woken up.

Failing to make the connection to the stream is likely due to one of two causes. First, and most prevalent, is simple wifi interference . But it can also be caused by duplicate IP address issues. Simply resolved, albeit potentially not permanently, by unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then rebooting the router. When the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos devices. 

But those two potentials cover most, not all situations. Let’s see what Sonos says, when you post the diagnostic number.