Answered

Alarm problem on Move

• 21 June 2022
  • 6 replies

Since about May, the alarm on the Move has stopped working correctly. I keep it in the hall on the charging station, and at night I take it into the bedroom, where I leave it as an alarm clock, while the charging station stays in the hall. 

Up until May everything was fine, the alarm in the bedroom in the morning worked fine. But since May the problems started. The device turns on, but nothing plays. The Sonos app (S2, iOS ver 14.8.1) shows that it is playing, but the unit is silent. To start playing after that I might have to reboot the Move. It is important to note that the network configuration and network equipment had not been changed. 

What I did: I completely reset Move, reinstalled the application and reset the modem. But nothing helped. 

Who has encountered this and what can be done?

The version of hardware: 1.25.1.7-2.2

icon

Best answer by Corry P 22 June 2022, 12:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Liaksej 

With the release of update 14.10, we now consider this issue resolved. Should you continue to have related problems, please ensure your Sonos system is up to date, then get in touch with our technical support team should problems continue.

Thank you.

@Liaksej

Ah okay, then that’s my misunderstanding - the Staff here have acknowledged the issue with the Move and said a fix will follow at some point. So maybe keep an eye out for any app/firmware updates and see if that resolves things for you. 

Perhaps try changing the WiFi channel it’s operating in via your local router, or if using the 5Ghz Band, see if switching it to the 2.4Ghz Band will resolve things.

See this link for changing the router channel:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4769

To change band use the ‘update networks’ feature in ‘Settings/System/Network/Manage Networks’ area of the Sonos App.

Many thanks for reply, I’d trying, bud didn’t help…

My issue like in this topic I think: 

That’s an ongoing issue that happens whilst the Move is ‘off’ it’s charger, so if that’s the case you may need to follow the workarounds mentioned in that thread by Staff until the fix is released.

Your initial post however, said you kept the Move is kept in the Hall ‘on’ it’s charger🤔?

Yes, that's right, during the day, when Moove is in the hall at the charging station, everything is fine. But when I pick it up at night from the charging station in the hall and take it to the bedroom, the alarm doesn't go on in the morning. Or rather, it turns on in the app, but the Moove doesn't play anything.

Perhaps try changing the WiFi channel it’s operating in via your local router, or if using the 5Ghz Band, see if switching it to the 2.4Ghz Band will resolve things.

To change band use the ‘update networks’ feature in ‘Settings/System/Network/Manage Networks’ area of the Sonos App.

That’s an ongoing issue that happens whilst the Move is ‘off’ it’s charger, so if that’s the case you may need to follow the workarounds mentioned in that thread by Staff until the fix is released.

Your initial post however, said you kept the Move is kept in the Hall ‘on’ it’s charger🤔?