Answered

Alarm keeps playing chimes instead of selected radio

• 19 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi 

My Sonos speakers wake me up with the Sonos alarm signal instead of a selected radio station. No mather what I do, change, replace or delete, the chimes keeps playing. I do have another exactly the same alarmsignal on the same system, but it wakes me up on another day and it works fine. 

thanks, Martijn

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 19 January 2022, 13:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

It defaults back to the chime when the speaker(s) can’t get through to the radio station in a timely manner. It might be a network issue - some users have resolved this issue in the past by reducing network interference and in some cases users have found that setting a ‘silent’ alarm 5 or 10 mins before their main alarm sometimes resolves the issue for them too as though their internet connection has gone to sleep and needs waking up. I would suggest starting however by trying to reduce interference, by taking these few steps…

1. Set the main routers 2.4Ghz WiFi channel to a ‘fixed’ non-overlapping channel, either Channel 1, 6 or 11 and set the channel-width to 20MHz.
  2. If using a SonosNet connection then ensure it’s channel is set at least 5 channels away from the chosen WiFi channel.
  3. Any wired Sonos devices need to be set at least 1 metre away from the router.

You perhaps may also find these two links helpful:

Wireless Interference Document:

WiFi Interference

Wireless Interference Video:

Wireless Interference and Sonos

changing router settings solved the problem, thank you!