alarm - grouped speakers issue since last update

• 21 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have many Sonos speakers throughout my house and use a playbeam grouped for a radio alarm. Until the last update, it was working perfectly for that alarm (yes, have a include grouped rooms switch set toon for that alarm and all speakers are actually grouped). Since the update to the most recent firmware, the alarm will ungroup the speakers when turning on, making the radio play on the one speaker only.

I have unset/set that group function, as well as deleted the alarm and configured again, to no avail. 

I have a second alarm set on a playbar, also with include grouped rooms switched on, and that continued to work after the update.  

Anyone else with this issue?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge +17

Hi @Marcel Koks,

That sounds strange. The only thing I can suggest here is submitting a system diagnostic, ideally within 10 minutes of the affected alarm ringing, recording the number, and getting in touch with our customer care team for further investigation. There will be information in the diagnostic that they can use to check whether the “include grouped rooms” option is enabled and working or not.

Badge

Thanks, i’ll do that. 

Badge

Hi @James L. 

Would you happen to know a support e-mail address i can use? I'm in NZ and there's only support in Australia, which isn't to handy with the time difference. 

I've made the diagnostic, like to submit a support case. 

Badge +17

Hi @James L. 

Would you happen to know a support e-mail address i can use? I'm in NZ and there's only support in Australia, which isn't to handy with the time difference. 

I've made the diagnostic, like to submit a support case. 

I’m afraid not. The only support channels we have active are via phone or live chat. The Live Chat function is active 24/7, even if there are no representatives active at the time. A case will be created in our system via the automatic chat bot and someone will reach back out to you.

Here’s the link, and the support options I found for NZ: https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

Badge

@James L. I've tried the chat three times now, different times, never get to speak to a real person, and at the end of the options the bot says it can't help me, there's no representative available, and i have to try back later. It never says a case is logged and someone will get back to me. Bit discouraging i have to say.