Answered

Airplay stops working and I must restart iphone

• 4 December 2018
  • 5 replies

Just bought a pair of ones. Setup was easy. I stream mostly through amazon music or podcasts, on airplay, not through the app. It worked flawlessly for a couple days. But all of a sudden I go to connect, it looks like it connects, and music starts “playing” (I can see time elapsing) but no sound and then it disconnects from airplay. I can stream through the app though.

I like convienience of AirPlay.

Would love to know if anyone else experienced something like this.
icon

Best answer by chicks 4 December 2018, 03:55

Happens fairly often on mt iPhone 7 via AirPlay, BlueTooth or the lightning port. Have to reboot the phone to fix. No Sonos involvement, appears to just be typical Apple bugginess.
View original

5 replies

Happens fairly often on mt iPhone 7 via AirPlay, BlueTooth or the lightning port. Have to reboot the phone to fix. No Sonos involvement, appears to just be typical Apple bugginess.
Exact issue. And yes, rebooting phone works, though it's becoming very tiresome.
I also have this issue. It doesn't happen frequently, but it'll happen between albums. My iPhone will disconnect, and after that iTunes will "play" for a few seconds and then stop. Cycling airplane mode doesn't help; it isn't resolved until I reboot the phone. Within the Sonos apps the speakers still say that they're "Started from AirPlay," so I wonder if there's a disconnect happening that isn't registered by the speaker, causing it to reject future connections as busy?

Next time I'll try to reboot the speakers instead of the phone and see if that also works. If so, it's probably a communication issue. I'll also grab console output from the phone and see if there's more info in the log.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Do not "reset" your speaker. Reboot it if you like, but a factory reset is almost never a good idea.
That's what I meant. I edited the message.