Answered

Airplay Issue on Mac

• 17 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone, I have an issue when I try to use Airplay with my MacBook Pro from late 2020. I try to airplay my music or anything from my Mac to my Sonos Roam and it’s not working. I have the Airplay logo for doing it but there isn’t a single sound from my Sonos Roam and I can see that the music or the video is playing on my Mac. When I use my iPhone there is no problem, the Airplay is working but not with my Mac, the connection failed.

Thanks by advance for your answers.

Good day :)

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 17 August 2021, 17:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

It seems Airplay using the MacBook Pro to any device is a well known/reported issue. Perhaps see if this link assists you to get it fixed…

https://appletoolbox.com/airplay-issues-macbook/

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

So, the link references a few items that are not applicable with the current MacOS assuming the OP is on that version.

That said I’ve experienced some AirPlay issues (from inside the Apple Music app) also and the fix for me was to use the AirPlay 2 symbol from the Control Panel on the Desktop and not the AirPlay 2 symbol within the Apple Music app.

It’s true that some apps haven’t included the new API from Apple that supports the AirPlay 2 option. Fewer and fewer these day.