Answered

AirPlay from MacOS Big Sur

Badge +1

Hi all

Received my Sonos Roam yesterday and have been using AirPlay successfully from my 2008 iPad Pro, no issues. I have however tried tonight to stream audio from my M1 Mac Mini running Big Sur 11.3 and although the speaker shows up and also shows what is playing, no audio comes out of the Roam. The screenshot below shows the audio output as the Roam and the title of the video in the Sonos app, see below.

I’ve seen a post about this saying check system requirements but I hit all those with the latest Mac Mini. Anyone else out there that can test or provide an answer?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 6 May 2021, 00:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Perhaps see if this link assists to resolve the issue:

https://piunikaweb.com/2020/12/25/some-apple-users-facing-airplay-issues-after-macos-big-sur-update-but-we-have-some-possible-workarounds/

Badge +1

Figured it out! I’m running EqMac to manage my monitor speaker audio levels and it doesn't seem to play nice with AirPlay. Killed that, problem solved!