Answered

Airplay 2 works when first sync is made. then drops out on coming streams

• 31 January 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi. Playing through our macbook pro on youtube on our two sonos ones, the airplay 2 streaming works initially but then consistently stops syncing on coming clips played on youtube. I've submitted diagnostic data: 1515341607.

(edit: when the syncing stops working, simply no sound is played (our sonos system is still noted as active on the volume bar in OSX. The sound does not work until a resync is made).
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 1 February 2019, 18:39

Hi. Playing through our macbook pro on youtube on our two sonos ones, the airplay 2 streaming works initially but then consistently stops syncing on coming clips played on youtube. I've submitted diagnostic data: 1515341607.

(edit: when the syncing stops working, simply no sound is played (our sonos system is still noted as active on the volume bar in OSX. The sound does not work until a resync is made).

Hi NiclasW,

Welcome to the community. I don't see too much from the AirPlay side of things in your report. There are quite a few wireless networks in range, and I do see some wireless communication errors between your Sonos components. Please start by changing your router's wireless channel to 6, which is less crowded. If that doesn't help, test out another audio source. Are you able to play from TuneIn radio without issue?
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi NiclasW,

Welcome to the community. I don't see too much from the AirPlay side of things in your report. There are quite a few wireless networks in range, and I do see some wireless communication errors between your Sonos components. Please start by changing your router's wireless channel to 6, which is less crowded. If that doesn't help, test out another audio source. Are you able to play from TuneIn radio without issue?