Question

AirPlay 2 Glitch

• 6 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

When I connect to the SL One via Airplay, my phone shows it’s connected and playing but there is no sound.  I have to also connect to one of the TV’s, then the sound comes out of both the Sonos and TV.  After that, I disconnect from the TV and the Sonos continues to work.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @A-Town

Welcome to the Sonos community. Thank you for reaching out to us and letting us know about your concern. Let me share some information about this.

You can stream via AirPlay 2 on iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, or Mac to stream your favorite music, movies, podcasts, and other audio directly to your Sonos products.  AirPlay is not available on Sonos speakers that are set up as surround speakers. Sonos speakers cannot be used to play AirPlay audio while the source device is on a phone call. When streaming via AirPlay, you can control the volume from the source device. 

Let me suggest the next troubleshooting steps you can do. 

Sequential reboot to refresh your network and all your Sonos devices connection.
1. Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
2. Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power. Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
3. Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
4. When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.
5. Test AirPlay from your iOS device.

If it's still doesn't work, you may need to contact our phone support team to look into this. Our phone support has the tools to check what's going on in your system and to remotely access your device to address the issue. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, I'll be glad to assist you.