Airplay 2 cannot connect on SONOS One

• 25 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I’ve been having an issue with my Sonos one that means I am unable to connect to it via airplay (or add it to the apple home app for that matter). basically I am unable to interact with it through anything other than the app or Alexa. I have a good reason to believe it is an issue with this Sonos, I've done all the usual (turn everything off and on, factory reset speaker and reset app), and nothing seems to let it work. There is another Sonos one (same model) on this network that I can airplay to quite happily, along with apple products such as TV which don’t complain at all. I was wondering if there was any solutions to force the speaker to start accepting airplay streams.

I submitted a diagnostic after trying to airplay, the number is: 1494513105

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge +17

Hi @ben_kelly,

What kind of router do you have? Is it a BT Smart Hub 2? If so, have a read of this article and let me know how you get on.

Hi @ben_kelly,

What kind of router do you have? Is it a BT Smart Hub 2? If so, have a read of this article and let me know how you get on.

Hi @James L. the first network I tried was a smart hub 2, this new one is not. I believe this is an issue with the speaker itself as there is another speaker of the same model on the same network which works without issues.

Badge +17

Hi @ben_kelly,

Hi @James L. the first network I tried was a smart hub 2, this new one is not. I believe this is an issue with the speaker itself as there is another speaker of the same model on the same network which works without issues.

In that case I’d suggest submitting another diagnostic, recording the number and getting in touch with our customer care team who can dive deeper than we’re able to here on the community. In my experience, it’s most likely not a speaker failure, but rather something happening on the network. I’m not completely ruling it out, but having only Airplay 2 fail on one unit is generally not the sign of anything having gone wrong inside a speaker. Let me know how you get on when you contact support :slight_smile: