Question

After upgrading to Sonos S1 Controller for desktop it doesn’t find all my rooms even after resetting

• 18 June 2020
  • 8 replies

Spotify for desktop finds all the rooms. My android app finds all the rooms. My windows desktop app doesn’t find all the rooms - just my living room. Resetting sometimes finds the Kitchen. The third room - where I work from a Windows laptop - is never displayed. This is ridiculous. Can I revert to an older desktop app?

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi@User737436.

Thanks for reaching out Sonos community.

We’d like to learn a bit more about what’s going on. Mind sending us a diagnostic report so we can gather some information about your account with Sonos?

Since you mentioned some of the speakers are randomly disappearing, try to power cycle the modem or router since sometimes it might be causing wireless interference.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Badge

Hi, 

I’m having this same issue. 

Android device running the latest “Sonos S1” (11.2.1 57378190)

Windows 10 Desktop “Sonos S1” (11.2 57377280)

Finds only one room which has a Play:3 (WM: 0). You'd think it would find the Beam, if anything.

NB Google mesh network

Diagnostic 2084909132 (sent from Desktop application)

Hi@User737436.

We’d like to learn a bit more about what’s going on. Mind sending us a diagnostic report so we can gather some information about your account with Sonos?

Since you mentioned some of the speakers are randomly disappearing, try to power cycle the modem or router since sometimes it might be causing wireless interference.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi,

I had sent a diagnostic report already before I posted and I’m sending one as I write. I unplugged all sonos devices, switched the router off, waited a minute and then restarted. The Windows 10 controller finds the Kitchen and Living Room but not the Study. The Android app finds all three.

What next? Diagnostic confirmation number is: 53522419.

Thanks!

Hi@User737436.

Hi,

I had sent a diagnostic report already before I posted and I’m sending one as I write. I unplugged all sonos devices, switched the router off, waited a minute and then restarted. The Windows 10 controller finds the Kitchen and Living Room but not the Study. The Android app finds all three.

What next? Diagnostic confirmation number is: 53522419.

Thanks!

Furthermore, today the Windows 10 controller app only finds the ‘Living Room’ and cannot see the Kitchen or the Study. So this is not resolved at all. Android app works fine! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @User737436.

Thank you for reaching back again.

Base on the diagnostic report you gave to us, there is a wireless interference going on with your study room and 2 kitchen speakers.

If there are other electronic devices near the speakers I suggest turning them off for the meantime or move Sonos speakers away from interference.

Try this also to turn off for 1 minute all your Sonos device including the access point,modem, and router. because sometimes this could be the cause on interference.

Lastly, it is recommended if possible to hardwire one of your Sonos products directly to your main router since your using an access point for you to have a more strong and reliable wifi signal.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @Scott Edy.

Thank you for reaching out Sonos community.

Since only one room is showing in your Sonos app. there are few this I can recommend.

Adjust the speaker's distance to the router

If your speaker is far from the router, it may be struggling to stay connected to your wireless network. Try moving the speaker closer to the router to prevent future drops. If your Sonos system is in a wired setup, move the speaker closer to the next closest Sonos product.

Clear up any wireless interference

Wireless interference can contribute to issues like Sonos speakers disappearing from the app.

You can visit our article on reducing wireless interference to learn how to change wireless channels and move Sonos away from certain electronic devices in order to avoid interference.

For more information you can visit this article: Speakers missing from the Sonos app

Badge

Hi @Scott Edy.

Thank you for reaching out Sonos community.

Since only one room is showing in your Sonos app. there are few this I can recommend.

Adjust the speaker's distance to the router

If your speaker is far from the router, it may be struggling to stay connected to your wireless network. Try moving the speaker closer to the router to prevent future drops. If your Sonos system is in a wired setup, move the speaker closer to the next closest Sonos product.

Clear up any wireless interference

Wireless interference can contribute to issues like Sonos speakers disappearing from the app.

You can visit our article on reducing wireless interference to learn how to change wireless channels and move Sonos away from certain electronic devices in order to avoid interference.

For more information you can visit this article: Speakers missing from the Sonos app

Thanks for taking the time to paste a response. 

I mentioned I have a mesh network and also my signature identifies I use SonosNet (via a Bridge)

Had I have changed any of my config as well as. It mentioned the existing hardware, I still would have suggested otherwise. 

The only change has been the "upgraded" controller and subsequent push to Sonos units. Did I mention this only a problem with the desktop controller?  

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @Scott Edy.

Thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

I would like to recommend calling our customer phone support on this so you can be assisted with more thorough and in-depth troubleshooting steps as well as a remote diagnostics that can be remotely gathered from your Sonos devices with your permission.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.