After update unable to control anything! What gives?

• 3 February 2018
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
I made the mistake of "updating" my wife's system 5.3 to 5.3.2 on Mac OS 10.6.8. Now she's locked on a BLUE Screen that says: "some of your products need to be updated" No CONTROLLER, NO MINI CONTROLLER. (AFTER the auto update found out that 5.3.2 won't run on 10.6.8) contacted TECH SUPPORT CLAIMS Chris Z there's no going backward.
Due to some software she loves and regularly uses she is not interested in updating her OS.

So I tried using 5.3.2 on a 10.7.5 system I have on a different computer and AFTER CONNECTING to the system Still on a BLUE SCREEN with "your Sonos System was not found" no controller, no mini controller HOW do I get my product back to working again?

Sonos Controller for MAC
Version 5.3.2
Build 28186141

Associated ZP: 192.168.1.104
---------------------------------
PLAY:1: PLAY:1
Serial Number: B8-E9-37-BA-E7-7A:G
Version: 7.1 (build 341637101)
Hardware Version: 1.8.3.7-1
IP Address: 192.168.1.104
WM: 0
OTP:

HOW CAN I CONTROL this system?

Thanks in advance

N

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Neal_11. I am afraid I have some disappointing news. Apple has ceased support for these operating systems which makes it impossible for us to get our latest software on them. OSX 10.6.8 was released in 2009 and 10.7 was released in 2011. This, in terms of technology, means a significant length of time has passed.

We tried to prolong support to these machines for as long as we could, however, we have now reached a cutoff point that we can do nothing about. The minimum requirements for an Apple computer are now OSX 10.10 and higher. You will need to have the application installed on a device that meets our system requirements, moving forward. There is no way to roll you back or keep you on an older version either. Please let me know if you require any further clarification.