Question

After a power outage my Sonos system could not access playlists, etc.

• 15 August 2017
  • 1 reply

After a power outage my Sonos system could not access playlists, etc. After resetting the bridge unit the playlists have disappeared & only the bridge is identified as connected to the Sonos system. The system is asking for players to be added, but I don't want to reset the Players & lose all the stored playlists. Please advise how to reconnect the various Players to the system without a complete reset & loss of the extensive stored playlists.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Connection problems which appear suddenly are often caused by network problems, not Sonos problems. The typical cause is duplicate IP addresses. These often show up after an update or power outage because a reboot requires the device to request a new IP, and the router, having lost track of current IP assignments, issues a new IP that is in use by another device. To cure this, do the following:

Reboot/power cycle your devices in the following order:

Modem
Router
Switches or hubs
Wired Sonos units
Wireless Sonos units
Computers/printers
Wireless devices - phones/tablets etc.

Allow each device to come back up before proceeding to the next. Note that you can permanently prevent duplicate IP addresses by assigning an IP to each device's MAC address in the router setup. See your router manual for details.