Answered

After 1 year or so of trouble-free sound, 1 of my 2 Sonos SL Play 1 speakers just died and won't power up.

• 28 July 2022
  • 2 replies

I have a large Family Room surround system comprised of an Arc, Sub (gen 3) and pair of SL Play1 rear speakers that have been operational for about 1 year now.  .

SL1’s are about 2 years old, acquired new from Best Buy, the other components purchased directly from Sonos.

For no apparent reason, one of the SL Play 1’s has just died.  That took the rear pair of speakers out of the network but the central issue is what fricking happened to make it die?  No evidence of power surge or physical abuse - it sits on a stand that locks speaker in place.  I have unplugged and re-plugged into a different power outlet, nothing.  I swapped out the power cords between the 2 SLs and re-plugged, nothing.  It’s as if something just went kaput inside the speaker.

I know the obvious solution is to buy a replacement - but does anyone have any tricks to try before I do that?

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 28 July 2022, 03:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi

I suggest you run a diagnostic on your system and post the reference ID in this thread. You can call Sonos tech support or wait for the diagnostic to be picked up by a forum moderator. The diagnostic may reveal whether or not the speaker is actually dead. If so Sonos may offer you a discount on a replacement speaker. 

Just a minor point…there is no Sonos SL Play 1…just the Sonos One SL. 😊 The Sonos Play 1 was discontinued several years ago.

Thanks for the tip and the corrected product name.