Answered

Adjust group volume with TV remote

• 23 May 2022
  • 2 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hello,

We just bought a Sonos Beam and 1x Sonos One.
I configured them as a group, and it works good while watching TV.
But when i try to mute the sound using the TV remote it only mutes the volume of the Beam and not the volume of the One. Same when adjusting the volume.

Is there any way to adjust the group volume with the TV remote?
If not, will it be possible when we buy another Sonos One speaker and make it a surround stereo pair?

I really hope its possible because else it really sucks to open the Sonos app everytime...

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 23 May 2022, 20:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

It is not possible when the One is grouped with the Beam, but if you add a pair of Ones as surrounds to the Beam, the TV remote will control the volume on all three speakers.

The remote is only going to control the volume for the Sonos room with your Beam in it.  Your Sonos One is setup as a separate room.  But, as you stated, if you got a second Sonos One (or One SL) and set it up as surround sound speakers bonded to the Beam in the same Sonos room, your remote would control the volume of all 3 speakers.  You wouldn’t be able to play the Sonos Ones seperately, and you essentially play all the speakers at the same volume.