Answered

Adding Surrounds and SUB to PLAYBAR - No Sound

• 6 December 2017
  • 4 replies

Playbar plays via cable TV setup, but wireless speakers and sub are not playing = no sound. Software tells me I am not connected to the server. How do I get system connected. I have a hard-wired connect??? Help!
icon

Best answer by controlav 6 December 2017, 14:57

There is no server involved in this configuration. Please quote the *exact* error message, as well as how you have the speakers configured.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
So you cannot play files from your PC? This is probably the SMBv1-on-newer-windows-10 problem, covered extensively in this forum. You need to enable smbv1 (with the security hazard that entails).
Controlav...response was to be more specific per your suggestion.
In my living room, I have a Playbar wire connected to my TV which receives inputs from TWCable control box and a smart DVD. Playbar plays sound from those inputs great. But, my sub and 2 Play 1 speakers don't play any audio. They are located in the same room and I'm connected to my wireless via my Sonos Bridge, also located in the same room. Then, when I try to play a song from my library, from the Sonos computer software, the error message I get is "Unable to play 'Let It Go.m4a' - cannot connect to Elliott-PC/Music because the server cannot be found". Any body understand and can help solve?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
There is no server involved in this configuration. Please quote the *exact* error message, as well as how you have the speakers configured.