Answered

Adding streaming radio URL in to Sonos

• 30 January 2017
  • 4 replies

Hi there,

I am a volunteer emergency responder and I am trying to add our dispatch channel in to Sonos so I can listen to it around my home. I have followed the Sonos instructions exactly with no luck. The Sonos controller (Windows) keeps saying the feed is in an unsupported format.

The feed I am trying to add is an MP3 feed exactly as Sonos have specified. http://audio2.broadcastify.com/234355084.mp3

This is the URL that works on my PC and phone: http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/18999/web

Unfortnately nothing works, well that I can figure out, in Sonos.

Has anyone else had any luck setting up a stream from Broadcastify?

Cheers.

Cameron.
icon

Best answer by Skipuppie 30 January 2017, 20:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I tried to set up that station on my Sonos system and had no problem. Here is what I did on my Windows 10 desktop:
Open Sonos controller/ app
Click Manage from the tab settings at the top of the page way over on the left side of the display
Click the fifth item from the drop down : Add Radio Station
In the pop up box that opens in the center of the screen I pasted from your posting the following:
http://audio2.broadcastify.com/234355084.mp3
into the streaming URL box
Then I entered a name for the station in the second box - whatever you want as it is only for you to find the station in your list of stations I used CFA Dist 13
Click OK
Then go to Selest a Music Source and click on Radio by TuneIn
Click the first line item - My Radio Stations
Scroll down the alphabetical list for the name you entered for that station, in my case CFA Dist 13 and click on it.
It works fine for me and should for you as well.
One more thing I didn't say and that is when you click on the station you need to find the down arrow at the right of that station and scroll down to Play Now and click. Not the most intuititve interface - if you don't go to that down arrow and pull dow the options, clicking on the Play Now, then nothing will happen. I'm so used to that from having dozens of stations that I've entered that I forgot to tell you that above.
Thanks for your reply. I checked this morning and whatever I put in last seems to have worked. What's weird is that it is working if I launch it from my mobile phone app but not from my Windows 10. I will check it again tonight.

Thanks.
Thanks for your reply. I checked this morning and whatever I put in last seems to have worked. What's weird is that it is working if I launch it from my mobile phone app but not from my Windows 10. I will check it again tonight.

Thanks.
That would indeed be weird, because you aren't really launching it from the apps, the apps are just telling the system what to do. Must be something else going on there. Still, the important thing is that you can play the stream you want somehow.